Warmth [Grif]

Setting: Chorus sometime between season 12 and 13

Nights on Chorus were downright freezing. Even though the others have been on Chorus long enough to get used to it, the cold still bit them hard in the ass every night. It didn't help that most nights everyone stayed in their armor, too on edge to sleep even if they weren't constantly worrying about being attacked.

Luckily, tonight just wasn't one of those nights. Now, that didn't mean tonight was necessarily a good night, either. After being brutally beaten down by the enemy, morale was low. No one really saw the use in staying up and worrying when they could be getting one last night of sleep in. Hopefully after getting some much needed rest, the two armies will be in better fighting condition.

So now that it was late into the night, you were huddled up in a tight ball in your assigned room. Actually, it was your assigned, shared room since space was low now that the two sides are working together, but it wasn't too bad. The Reds and Blues, including Carolina and Washington, even though they were rarely ever found near their rooms, were put close together from the get go. The Reds were in one room, the Blues and the Freelancers were in the other.

The thin blankets that covered your body hardly did anything to keep you warm. You had even tried folding the blanket in half and forcing yourself to remain under the smaller space. That helped a little, but the cold still made your body shake.

The others had trouble falling asleep as well, but they at least actually accomplished the falling asleep part by now. Besides Simmons; he stormed off a while ago, mumbling that he was going to work until he gets tired enough to ignore the cold.

Bringing your hands up to your face, you exhaled quietly into them, relishing the moment your hot breath heated up your frozen fingers. Too bad it didn't heat up your entire body. Pulling the blanket tighter around your shoulders, you closed your eyes again, hoping sleep would finally take over.

Sadly, that didn't happen for some time. Around ten minutes into your painfully slow wait, the door to the room slowly opened. Dull light steamed into the room for a moment before the door was shut and everything went dark again. You assumed it was Simmons finally coming back. Clicks and metal scraping against metal filled the room as armor was taken off and casted to the ground.

Soft footsteps walked over to one of the beds, stopped, and then began walking again. Your heart stopped for a moment when you felt your bed sink. You quickly calmed down when you realized it wasn't Simmons; it was Grif.

He sunk down in the bed next to you, throwing his own blanket over both of your bodies. Once he was done fixing the blanket, his arms wrapped around your waist and he pulled you so that your back was flush against his stomach. Wriggling around in his grasp, you turned yourself around so you faced him. Hugging his midsection, you tangled your legs in his. Your body slowly stopped shivering and you finally felt your body relax.

"Goodnight," Grif mumbled, nuzzling his face into your neck and kissing the first area of skin he could get his lips to.

"Night," you replied, kissing the top of his head.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
short and sweet what is better
reminder that i am open to requests!!