#28 - Riker Lynch

Sunday is usually Scenario day but this was too good to pass

I crossed the courtyard confidently, ignoring remarks from the female inmates, who were a bit more cruel than they should be. Once I'm done, I could potentially come back for them.

"I apologise for their behaviour-" Mr Oliver, the head warden of ADX Penitentiary tried to apologise before I cut him short.

"It's fine, seriously, they're in prison, I don't expect them to be educated school children" I proceeded into the little house that separated the female area, from the offenders on Death Row, now entering new ground.

There was a feel of hopelessness as my heels crunched against the dry soil, various officers escorting me. They lead me through halls, briefly explaining cases, some of which I thought Death Row was too kind for, but I kept such things to myself.

"He's...difficult. His stance may make you uncomfortable at first, and the way he stares is just so cold" I looked at Mr Oliver who was running his mouth. "Sorry"

"It's okay, you're just doing the best for me" I replied. And that was when the two biggest security guards grabbed me by each arm and pulled me back, and turned me around.

I caught a glimpse of a blue door as I heard the sound of chains, and slow footsteps. They then turned me again, and escorted me into the dim, black interrogation room.

He was blonde, and of slim built from what I could see from his back. In front of him (and soon behind me), were 5 officers and two snipers aiming directly at him, but he remained still until the sound of my shoes took over the room.

Looking into his eyes was like taking a plunge into an unknown lake, mainly because they were dark around and inside. His demeanour was nothing like expected, he looked bored. But it didn't take away the fact he looked beyond frightening.

He released a small breath through his nose, sinking into the chair. Swiftly, his eyes looked at the two snipers, and then directly into mine.

"Could you put those down? You're making me nervous" I looked at them. "He won't do anything, he's in handcuffs"

My orders were followed as I removed my shoes. "Pleasure to meet you, Mr Lynch, my name is Natalie Jackson and I will be your lawyer from now"

I stretched my hand across the table. He blinked at my hands, and the moment he raised his own, the officers behind me gasped as he grasped my own.

His hands weren't rough and calloused like I expected them to be, they were soft and welcoming, unlike him.

"I understand you only properly communicate one day a year, but in order for this to work, we need to go over things"

He blinked.

"I thought this would happen, so I brought this" I handed him a notebook and a pencil. "Go crazy"

His eyes examined me as I sat back, and like a mad man, he began to scribble violently into the notebook. I smirked.

It was a good 15 minutes until he slid the notebook back to me, and stood up, escorted out. I was shocked, when there was only a few words, obviously, significant to him.

Escape the labyrinth or die trying.

I LOVE THESE CREEPY THRILLER STORY IDEAS