#27 - Ross Lynch

My phone buzzed in my hands, pulling me away from the dream I had just fallen into. I mindlessly pressed the green button and smacked it to my ear, expecting it to be my mother with a case of nostalgia in the middle of the night (been there, done that). "Yes?"

"Check your laptop, babe" my eyes instantly opened at the sound of my boyfriend's voice.

"Ooh, okay" I sat up, opening my Mac book. He hung up during the process, calling me on FaceTime this time. I clicked on the green button without hesitation. "Hello!!!!"

"Hi gorgeous!" Ross grinned. "Wait, were you asleep?"

"It's 2:30am in Cali, Ross"

"It's 12:30pm here" he walked into a room, closing the door. His face contorted into a pained expression comically, and I couldn't avoid the loud laugh I produced.

My roommate, Caroline, looked up, her eye mask now half way off her head. It was dark in here, but I could see her blue eyes glaring at me and pointing at the door.

"Shit sorry" I got up from bed and exited, risking everybody in my dorm seeing my sheep pyjamas as I walked to the balcony of my dorm. Ross looked at me, or the change of setting behind me. "I woke Caroline up"

"Oops, sorry" I balanced the laptop on the little coffee table and sat on one of the lounge chairs, the night air now cooler compared to the day. "You look stunning"

"That better had been sarcastic, because I'm rocking pigtails and sheep pj's" I chuckled. "How are you? Why is your nose so red?"

"I'm kind of sick, so I stayed in the hotel and missed the signing, I feel awful but I didn't want to throw up all over them" I have never wanted to pinch his cheeks so much.

"Well, babe, some people would have been kind of happy, in a sick way" he laughed. "No pun intended!"

When the news that I was dating Ross got out, my popularity increased like *that* in college. I went from the dorky psychology geek who occasionally danced and worked at the rollerskating hall to the girl dating Ross Lynch.

We met in a weird way. I was working with one of my guy friends when R5 come in. I caught his eye when my guy friend challenged me to a race and I wiped the floor with his butt; then Ross invited me for a race and he fell midway, which made me fall on him.

We stayed in contact ever since; a little bit under two months. Of those months, I only saw him for two weeks before he left on tour. It affects our relationship (like right now), but we make it work.

"How was your day?" He asked me.

"Alright-ish. School, dance, out with friends and then homework" I shrugged. "I miss yoooouuuuu"

"I miss you too, I wish I could bring you with me everywhere I went" he sighed. "Hang in there, 6 more weeks"

"That's another three months altogether; Ross I will only see you by Christmas- ugh" I face-palmed.

"No you won't, I'll make sure you don't"

"You can't just leave tour to be with me, I wouldn't let you do that, and I would become the most hated person online" I replied. It was kind of already true.

Some people in the R5family were sweet (like the girls in my college, for example), but others were the spawn of satan. Death threats, hate, hate to my family, general threats, hate pages, you name it. I laugh it off, but sometimes it gets suffocating.

Ross frowned. "Is it getting bad again?"

I nodded, looking away. He released an exhausted sigh. "But don't worry, I'm ignoring it. It's fine-"

"It's not fine, you don't deserve it"

I nodded, a long silence between us, along with the miles keeping us away from each other. My stomach rumbled. "Fuck, sorry!"

Ross instantly started laughing. "Already?!"

"Haha yeah"

"Look, don't listen to them. Every time you see hate, just remember I love you so much and I can't wait to give you such a tight hug you throw up your organs kind of like I nearly did today" he said and my eyes widened. "Okay?"

"You don't find that kind of love anywhere" I chuckled. "I love you!"

"I love you too!" He exclaimed seconds before hanging up. I collected my laptop and padded back to my room, and to bed, hoping to dream of the day we finally saw each other.

I WANT TO WRITE THIS SO BAD