Chapter 16 Percy's POV

Percy felt devoid of control.

     Freedom sounded really good right about now, but he couldn't escape what was inside him and she kept getting stronger. He probably would feel better if he could clear his consciousness, but he couldn't shake off the feeling of vulnerability and how he was being used as a puppet. A big, old meat sack. He mentally shivered. Gross.

      Percy was also troubled by the emptiness of, well, himself. He couldn't keep track of how long he had been sitting in the same corner of a pitch black room, with an unsettling echo to noise. Percy no longer paid attention to the screens-for-eyes. It just reminded him that he couldn't resist against her. Or could he?

     With a sudden burst of confidence, he stood and tried to take control. To be honest, Percy had no idea what he was doing. At all. Over-riding goddesses wasn't really his thing, but he could only try so he outstretched his arms and focused. He couldn't wait, not one minute more of being trapped in here. Beads of sweat were accumulating on his brow, mixed with a frown as he focused as hard as he could. Tonight, or whenever time it was, he would be victorious. The room seemed to get impossibly darker, black and poisonous, gripping at his arms in an attempt to hold him back. It was a very strange sensation, like someone turned up the crazy on the craze-o-meter, because his eye started to twitch. Great, not again, he mentally groaned. He ignored it because he couldn't back down, he was almost there, he could feel it. With one last push of effort, the darkness didn't dissipate, but he felt in different, which left him in a sudden daze. He was in a some type of cavern, but as soon as he looked up, the ceiling collapsed. He couldn't breathe, the smell of dirt burned his nostrils as he tried for air. He dug up, desperately clawing his way around, his heart pounding in an alarming rate. One of his worst fears.

Suffocation  

      His lungs screamed for air as he was running low on energy. Then suddenly, his hands had nothing to scratch away. He quickly pulled his head up, taking a huge breathe of air. He had reached the surface. He climbed the rest out and then collapsed. He opened his eyes for a heart-stopping moment because, to be honest, he didn't know if he died or not. Colors flushed into his vision on hyper drive, his eyes focusing on the little details that consumed all life. He stood but stumbled a bit, until he could feel the soles of his shoes under his feet. The familiar heat of the sun surrounded him in a warm blanket that almost lulled him to sleep, but he, again, couldn't stop now; while was in control for who knows how long. Percy walked until he got used to his land-legs; he soon found himself somewhere familiar.

Long Island Sound

     Percy saw camp in the distance. He was so close. He broke into a wobbly run towards camp. He sprinted faster than he ever had to get to someone. Anyone. The first person he ran into was Piper. She fell to the ground with a thump.

"Watch where you're goi....." Piper said as her sentence trailed off. Her kaleidoscope eyes rapidly changed color as the gears in her head seemed to turn. Percy grabbed her shoulders.

"Please....help me!" He yelled at her. Her hand rested on her dagger, ready to stab him. Her face contorted into a torn look.

"H-how can I trust you?" she stuttered. Percy panicked. How could she trust him?

"Piper, please. I don't have a lot of time," he shook his head quickly, as he tried to shake off the pulsing power of Gaea trying to take over," I wont be in control for long, so please. Help Me!"

"Fine! W-what do you mean?" she asked, as she tugged him to go find someone else who could help. He resisted.

"No! Not in camp, I-I can't risk it," he said as he shook his head.

"Someone needs to stop her! Stop me!" he shouted at her. He took hold of her arms, forcefully.

"Someone has to kill me, to kill her," he whispered, his eyes misted over with tears. Piper stayed quiet, then spoke up in barely a whisper.

"I know"

     Then Percy's world went black. He was back in darkness. He bounced up and watched the screens. He saw himself getting swallowed up by the earth with a big crack. Piper looked horrified as he sunk, trying to pull him up unsuccessfully. The ground stopped rumbling and the crack sealed shut, leaving a faint line where the crack was. Then, silence.

Cold

Dead

Silence

    Then, a cracking sound filled the air. Beams of light struck through small openings as the crack started to reopen its large wound. All the sound seemed to gather at that one spot and was soon replaced with silence. Then, a large boom filled the air, blowing back all surrounding trees, dirt and rocks, causing them to fly everywhere. Piper flew back into the tress that are now layered on the floor; she couldn't seem to move. The crevasse was wide open, Percy rose out of it. his eyes were once again half sea-green and half red. He, or Gaea, laughed deviously.

"Come find me, demigod. And tell your friends, they will want to get in on it," Gaea said, then she started toward the water. Percy tried to resist, but to no avail. Then, he suddenly felt a tug in his stomach, it was familiar but soon grew tiring. She was draining him; using his powers to lift her, or him, up into the air and soon willed the water to accelerate forward to who knows where. He felt weak. Like he was losing himself in the darkness.

Devoid  of control

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the hiatus! hope this fulfilled enough need for another chapter. It's kinda short but I tried. Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter! Ba-bye!