Just a piece of crap

We had been cycling for about an hour now, taking stops now and again, so that I didn't get too dizzy although my head hurt. No one said it, but we were scared. We were alone, by ourselves in a desert in the middle of the night. Tuck had mainly spent the time going on about some kiss with him and Emma that I'm pretty sure he made up.
"Dude? It's true! After Math that day, she pushed me against the lockers and kissed me!"
"Hang on a second...mannequin girl?"Munch asked. We all burst out laughing.
"She has a name you know!"
"How good was she at it?"
"Eh, I'd say a B minus. I've kissed better in better locations."
"Dude there's no way you kissed her!"said Logan.
"Yeah, how do I know you're not lying?"asked Alex-suspicious.
"Because he is! We never even had math that day and I was with Emma the whole day except when I was at the nurses. And really? You gave her a B minus? If you did kiss her, that would be your first kiss!" I just unloaded a whole truck of sass on him. Tuck just ignored us and we carried on in silence again for a couple of minutes before Munch spoke "Hey guys, the map changed."
"Let's see." We stopped and Alex and I examined the map.
"It says go right,"Alex studied the map.
"A...are you sure? Left looks a lot less scary..." Alex turned around to me and grabbed my hands.
"I promise that I won't let you get hurt."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
He let go and we hopped back on our bikes.
"Just a couple more miles,"he said.

After a while, we came to a grassy clearing. An electronic humming filled the air.
"What...what was that?"I almost screamed-grabbing Alex's arm. I gripped it so tightly I'm sure he thought it would fall off.
"You know, I've never understood why people like the outdoors so much,"Munch nervously complained.
"Dude, will you stop freaking out!"Tuck replied.
"See what we have to live with!"Logan and I said in unison. We dragged our bikes up to a hill and left them there.
We scanned the area.
"Are we there?"
"Is this the place?"
"I don't see any evil headquarters!" I ignored their bickering and crept closer to the humming. Suddenly, a loud flash came from something in the clearing and I screamed- stumbling backwards. Everyone one immediately ran over to me and Alex helped me up and grabbed my hand.
"Are you ok?"
"Are you dizzy?"
"What happened?"
"What did you see?" But before I could even start to answer a question, another flash appeared and the humming got louder. I edged closer to Alex. He pushed me behind him-shielding me with his body.
"What...what even is that thing?"I nervously whisper.
"And why is it all burnt?"Munch questioned.
"Maybe someone tried to cook it,"Alex sarcastically said. Tuck tiptoed over to the source of the humming- a small metal rocket shaped thing. He poked it with a stick and after about a minute, made his conclusion.
"It's crap."
"What?"
"You heard me, it's junk."
"It's not a national treasure but I'm sure it can be used for something!"Munch insisted.
"Well it's clear this map lead to squat," said Tuck angrily.
"So all you wanted were stupid hits for your stupid video?"Alex sassed. Tuck was about to retort but was interrupted by a shuffling sound. I shone my flashlight on Munch who was stuffing the weird metal thing in his bag.
"What? Don't look at me like that! I'm not a hoarder or anything- that's...that's just rude."
"You are a hoarder though, have you seen your room?" I said.
We all just ignored him and got back on our bikes and cycled back.
After about five minutes, we heard loud voices and saw flashlights.
"Get down!" Alex pushed me down gently.
"Idiot! Turn your flashlight off!"whispered Logan. I pressed the button but it was stuck. Logan snatched it from me and flicked it off.
"Sorry..."I mumbled.
"Who are they?" Logan asked.
"How am I supposed to know?" I whisper yelled. We shuffled behind the hill, then got back on our bikes and returned to the road.