Ch.4: Just friends

Start from the beginning

So Jack made Aaron a salad, while he grabbed Jack a plate of eggs and bacon, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast so I had a cup of orange juice and walked
towards my room to choose my outfit for today.

I hadn't unpacked just yet, so I unzipped my suitcase, and threw all my clothes onto my bed, I grabbed whatever and changed within a few seconds. I couldn't wait to find out what classes were available this semester, I wanted to take Mathematics, Biology, History, English and Creative writing, I wasn't highly intelligent, but I did get good grades back home, but I'm also in the English's honours class, which took a lot of all nighters and a lot of studying.

Me and Misty celebrated by having a Twilight movie marathon and who could eat the most pizza slices, and you know me, being the pig that I am, won.

I chuckled at the flashbacks that were invading my mind, and went to fix my hair before I left with Sam.

I figured I would go with a bed head look, I wasn't very keen on the idea of caring what others think, I wouldn't before, and I wouldn't start now.

So I slipped on my vans, and give Sam a hand gesture signalling that we would be leaving. I grasped the door handle and opened it letting the fresh air into the house.

On the way to the office, we didn't talk but lightly verbose about the things that we were happy about, which were things like, meeting new students, and choosing our studies. I somehow grew to like Sam, but he wasn't Hayes.

I eventually talked to the vice principal, Mr. Jade about changing my classes for more advance classes, he agreed and made changes to my schedule. With that I promptly left the office and waited in the hallway for Sam, I didn't know whether he was smart or not, but he wanted to join me in my classes. I found that gullible and cute. He then appeared beside me, nodding his head that he had their approval.

I suggested if we could go into Paris for a bit of back to school shopping since I didn't get to while I was back home. Sam didn't like the idea, because it was against the "rules" but I didn't let that bother me, so I pressed into the subject and decided that if he didn't want to come, I'd go by myself, I wasn't going to let no boy control me, not anymore.

So we walked back to the unit silently, the awkwardness was slowly killing me, I wasn't a bad person intentionally, but I wanted to do things that were adventurous and lively, instead of being some loner. But through the madness of it all, I wanted to be two people. For myself and for a better life.

I walked the twenty stairs that led to upstairs, and forced my legs to walk the another few steps to my room, I then threw off my clothes, and decided to take a quick shower.
Once I was finished, I dried off and chose my outfit for today, I chose, black jeans, a twenty one pilots tee, and a green cargo sweater, since the weather looked cloudy.

I grabbed my phone from my used sweats that were laying of the floor, and began to look through tumblr ignoring the fact that Sam was waiting for me downstairs.

"Hey..." Hayes' voice leaked through the door,

"Come in," I replied,

"Sam wanted me to go get you," he glides on the subject, "what's this I hear about going to town?"

"Umm, nothing," I cover my smirk,

"You plan to do something scandalous, and not invite me?"

"I thought you were a goody two shoes."

"Psh, let's go be adventurous, and I'll politely invite myself."

"The bus doesn't leave until 3, so we have about 2 hours to kill."

"We have the school car."

"A vehicle?"

"Yeah, that's what being the lacrosse captain gets you," he smiled, "it opens new doors."

"So you want to drive?"

"Yup, let's go get the keys."

He walked back towards the living room, waiting for me, I quickly ask Sam whether he would be tagging along or not, he replied with a nod.

We followed Hayes out the door, and over to the main office once again.

He grabbed the keys from the secretary, and said that we would have to walk back to the units' garage.

When we were finally in the convertible, I swear I felt a million things all at once. We were having fun, and it was regular rather than ordinary, we didn't keep up any facades. Hayes and Sam knew each other and I learned that they were good friends, so I wouldn't have to connect them.

Hayes and Sam began to talk about the upcoming dance that started off the school year. A school called Catherine's school for girls would be spending the weekend here preparing for the dance. I eventually asked both Hayes and Sam who would they take to the dance. Hayes said that he wouldn't go, while Sam said something completely different than I had in mind, "Do you want to go with me?"

(Author's note: I apologize again for taking my time writing this chapter, I was so completely busy, (procrastinating) with school (I have loads of homework, because I rarely go, except to grab my weekly assignments) but I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to test out in this story, so please be patient with me. And I'm sorry I think my writings changing. And there's a picture of Sam.)