Ch.4: Just friends

Part IV

"Once you had put all the pieces back together even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same."

- Jodi Picoult

*

(unedited)
Todd's POV:

I awoke to the sunlight shining through the curtains of Hayes' room. I noticed the room had the complete same layout as my room, except everything was the opposite, the bathroom was on the right, while the door was also, I liked this concept of sunlight, I purposely didn't get any sunlight in my room, due to the fact I had my dad arrange my room which is over the top.

I didn't notice something that wasn't bothering me, until I caught a look at Hayes.

His arm was locked around my waist, this made me unaware of how I was truly feeling, but I couldn't help but stare at his face. I noticed how many beauty marks he had on his face (which I was being a complete creeper and counted them all.) also how he didn't have anything pimples or acne reflecting off of his face, I wondered which face wash he used.

I suddenly felt my bladder about to burst, I had zoned out my other feelings except for admiration for him, which concluded that I was thinking callously about Hayes' feelings.

I lifted his arm, and softly let it down. I got off the bed and  made silent steps towards his bathroom and closed the door behind me. I had used his toilet and splashed my face with cold water, hopefully that made me more energized than I already was.

I felt my sloppy body hang under me, while I attempted to leave Hayes' room, and get to making breakfast this morning. It was quite early for my second day here, but I had an hour to kill, before I had to assign my classes for this semester.

So I made my way towards the kitchen, and dug through the refrigerator, finding what I could find I ended up grabbing a package of bacon and eggs, and also oranges that I've already juiced and chilled in the refrigerator.

Just as I was about to the turn on the oven to begin cooking, I was interrupted by a familiar boy with rosy cheeks.

"...Sam," I spoke, "What're you doing here?"

"I thought I would stop by, and go with you to get your classes assigned."

"Oh, well we still have about an hour left to waste," I fixed my shirt, "do you want some breakfast?"

"No thank you, I've already ate."

He sits on the stool, by the island.

"Do you have any family back in America?"

"Yeah, I have my mother and my father, and a pair of twin sisters," I smiled,

"Any girlfriends?"

"Girlfriends? I'm not really into girls," I rub my arm nervously.

"Oh," Was the last thing he said, I knew it bothered him, but I didn't bring the subject up again.

For the past hour, we talked and I continued to cook, and I learned that Aaron doesn't eat anything other than what Jack prepares for him, I found that pretty cute, even if they are somewhat straight.