Ch.3: The girlfriend

Part III

"He was seeking the oldest of rainbows, to be himself and unafraid."

- Lana Del Rey

*
(unedited)
Todd's POV:

Once we had finished our unsanitary meals, our little group began to part ways for meaningless activities.

Jack and Aaron went over to the activities committee to join a sport that was influential,

While Hayes said that he would be back in a jiffy, but I decided that I wouldn't want to look like a potential public loner, so I had gotten the idea of being relaxed and scrolling through tumblr while reading fan fiction, and now I was going to be a real loner.

I threw away my left overs, and made my way out the cafeteria until I heard a familiar voice calling me by a wretched nickname.

"Todd-well!!" Hayes yelled out,

He was running down the entrance steps with his gaze on me, and by the time he reached me, he was out of breath.

"Why did you leave me?" He gasps dramatically, "I told you to wait for me,"

I stuck my tongue and blew a raspberry,

"You're so weird," he chuckles,

"Well...to answer your question," I take a deep breath, "I thought you'd make your way to the activities committee to sign up, so I didn't want to be alone,"

"Wouldn't you be alone at the unit?"

"No I wouldn't, I'd have my social media," I laugh jokingly,

"You little hermit, your not going anywhere." he smiled,

He grabbed my hand, and dragged me forward abruptly, I couldn't comprehend where we were headed, he led us to the forest, not quite on the path to the unit.

Things were scattering around my mind, debating if he were gay or bisexual, he didn't seem to be either, and that grew flowers in my heart.

I relentlessly told him about where we were headed, he replied with the same nonsense "it's a surprise" I was sure surprised that he didn't get angry with me being annoying, and bothering him. He kept a straight face though, and was still fast pacing with me, hand in hand he didn't even seem remotely phased by it, and that made my insides fill with millions of butterflies, the butterflies kept on expanding never ending.
I wanted this to be over.

**

Once I had returned to reality, I gathered my surroundings and pieced them together.

The trees were a soft green, not like the deep green trees surrounding the buildings on campus. They seemed more hydrated and damp by the constant European rain.

There was also a small creek glowing in the early moonlight, with crickets chirping in the distance, this was a perfect scenery altogether.

"So..." Hayes says all too awkwardly,

I cough as a response not really wanting to ruin this incredible moment.

"You're really shy, aren't you?"

"You could say that, or that I'm just slightly uncomfortable,"

"Oh right..."

"I mean, seriously? A stranger who drags me off into the forest? Doesn't that sound a bit rapey?"

"Says the person who walked into the bathroom while I was in the shower,"

My gut, was bursting with laughter I couldn't contain, it was all so sudden.