Chapter 13

Narrator POV

"Thank you for your cooperation," the all too familiar voice spoke over the intercom. "Please return to your bunks before dinner and stand outside of them against the wall once you hear the whistle."

"Ugh, I'm hella done with all of these transfers and crap," Dinah huffed. "They're taking Maia tomorrow and now they're bringing in some people from who knows where?!"

"Maybe we will meet someone nice!!" Ariana yelled, showing that she was hyper as per usual. "But Maia can't go!!"

"Quiet!" Normani hushed the older girl. "I've been starving through the whole rotation and I just want to eat."

Lauren and Camila lay next to each other on Camila's bed, completely oblivious to everything going on around them. Lauren played with Camila's hair repetitively while Camila just stared into Lauren's eyes in awe.

"I hope we meet some new friends," Ally smiled. "I would love to add some more amazing people into our little group!"

Maia rolled her eyes at her comment and began to finally accept the fact that she would be leaving soon without any chance of getting out of it, though she wasn't happy. The closest girl to Maia out of the group was definitely Lauren, but she was so infatuated with Camila that she practically forgot about her friend that would be leaving her shortly.

*whistles*  

Without much hesitation, the girls all jumped from their previous positions and lined up against the wall. Camila and Lauren continued to hold hands despite the prison's strict rules against PDA of any kind. 

"Cabello, Grande, Hansen, Hernandez, Jauregui, Mitchell, and Kordei," the guard spoke loudly. "Glad to see you're all here and in proper order. Please wait until we introduce the newbies and then you will be dismissed to dinner."

Lauren ran her free hand through her thick hair and took a deep breath, not knowing who was about to walk through those doors. Camila was completely content with being with Lauren and didn't think twice about the situation she was in or about anything negative. She kept a smile on her face throughout the day and even stopped counting down the days until she got to leave and return home. 

"Babe," Lauren whispered, nudging Camila gently. "I don't know why...but I'm nervous."

Camila smirked at the sight of her very protective girlfriend getting a little scared and immediately tightened her grip on the older girl's hand.

"Don't be," she smirked, staring into Lauren's emerald eyes intently before the sound of a door opening interrupted them. 

"Here they are!" one of the new guards shouted. 

Five women were lined up in front of everyone in alphabetical order just like the five girls had experienced when they had first arrived. Some of them looked nervous, but others were completely comfortable standing in front of everyone and didn't even flinch. 

"Ok in order we have Chan, Dobrev, Frangipane, Smith, and Steinfeld," he mumbled in a monotone. "Welcome to paradise."

All of the other guards chuckled at his comment while most of the girls just stared at him with blank expressions across their faces, extremely not amused. 

One of the girls looked like a complete wreck and darted her eyes at least a million times around the large room before entering her bunk. Her brown hair was practically pin straight, but it was unclear if it was natural or due to her excessively straightening it before she arrived. She looked as though she was around Camila's age, but could possibly be a little bit older. 

"That girl over there seems pretty cool," Camila shrugged. 

"Did you guys see the one with the blue hair?" Lauren shrieked. "That looks sick."

"What about the little one that's tan?" Dinah asked in shock that they hadn't mentioned her. "Her eyebrows are on point."

Normani just shrugged at the comments before noticing that Maia was getting extremely upset staring at the new people getting settled in the bunk across from them. 

"Hey I have an idea!" Normani added. "Why don't we sing something one last time? I think we're going to need to remember what it was like to have a beat leading us."

Maia's eyes widened and a small smile formed on her face as she jumped off her bed to join the group who sat in a circle on the floor. 

"Yes!" Ally replied with a thumbs up. "Whose got one in mind?"

"I do!" Camila jumped in. "Do you guys know that song "Latch"? It's one of my favorites."

They all nodded eagerly and began figuring out the parts and harmonies while Maia tested some beats on the floor. 

"Everyone ready?" Lauren asked.

All:
La la, la la la la la na na na na na,
La la na na, la la la la la na na na na na

Lauren:
Hush, don't speak
When you spit your venom, keep it shut I hate it
When you hiss and preach
About your new messiah
'Cause your theories catch fire

Normani:
I can't find your silver lining
I don't mean to judge

Ally:
But when you read your speech, it's tiring
Enough is enough, oh

Camila:
Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you, ooh
I got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you, da da da da da

Dinah:
Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you
I got you shackled in my embrace
I won't let go of you

Ariana:
Now I've got you in my space
I won't let go of you, ooh ooh (Dinah: la la la la la la)
I got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you (Dinah: la la la la la la la)  

"That was amazing!" an unfamiliar voice from outside their bunk screamed before they could say anything beforehand.

(Author's Note) Hey guys! Just to clarify Chan and Smith are random inmates because I didn't want too many characters all at once (they aren't famous in anyway). And Frangipane is Halsey's real last name for anyone that didn't know. Sorry if any of that confused you and I'm sorry for the lack of updates lately...I've been really busy with school and clubs and homework. My computer crashed and I'm trying my best to write a new chapter as often as possible. I hope you all like it so far and thank you for continuing to read :)