Chapter 2

Narrator POV

"Welcome to your new home for a little while ladies," a new guard said sternly. "Please strip down to your undergarments only and follow Ms. Pratt to the backroom where you will get your temporary uniforms."

The girls all followed the strict instructions, occasionally looking around at each other to silently make sure they weren't alone. Normani took off all of her clothes rather quickly and then began giving the woman watching them multiple death stares. Once the girls were all finished getting changed, Ms. Pratt gestured for them to follow her into the room. 

"I'm scared," Camila mumbled as she moved around awkwardly.

"Don't be," Lauren responded quickly. "It's all just to scare you. We'll be fine."

Dinah gave Camila a confused look before turning back towards Lauren and giving her a good look up and down. 

"And how would you know? Have you done this before?" she questioned Lauren in a sassy tone. 

Ally, who was leading the line, instantly turned around to see what had been going on between the other girls she had yet to learn anything about. 

"Yeah actually," Lauren snapped. "I came to another place like this for a few days and then I was let out, but that's private information."

Dinah rolled her eyes at the older girl's response and continued following the woman in charge to avoid getting into even more trouble. 

"Here we are," Ms. Pratt sighed. "Find your size. There's only one small left and we have multiple mediums, larges, and extra larges."

The girls all dug through the piles to find a decent looking jumpsuit while Ally grabbed the only small and held onto it for dear life. 

"Sorry ya'll," she whispered. "I can't have any other size or I'll be swimming in my uniform."

None of the other girls seemed to mind and just gave her a quick nod to confirm that it was ok. 

"Please put them on and remove any jewelry you may be wearing if you haven't already."

Everyone shrugged their shoulders except Normani, who had taken out her gold studs with an annoyed expression and handed them over. The woman was starting to pick up on the fact that Normani was the quietest of the group, but not in an innocent type of way. 

"Thank you. We'll keep these safe for when you are released," the woman assured her with a friendly smile. "Look, I know you all don't want to be here...and I don't blame you. However, you have to remember that with good behavior you will be out of her even sooner."

The girls had been slightly scared, but they hadn't experienced anything like they would in the future there.They hadn't come face to face with the other inmates and some of them were over the age of 18 due to how long their sentence was and the lack of space in the nearby federal prison for adults. They hadn't witnessed someone trying to escape or endanger the well being of others. The five girls may have thought they were rebels in the outside world, but they had no idea what was coming.

---

"Each of you will be assigned to a bunk located in a certain room. We are going to keep you all out of the extremely bad sections that have a million different nicknames I'm not going to use. There are six bunks to a room, so we will put you all in one and a new inmate will join you soon," Pratt explained. 

"What's our room called?" Ally asked curiously.

"Well the rooms are named by numbers and yours is Bunk 5."

All of the girls nodded and continued following the woman until they ended up at Bunk 5.

"This is pretty gross," Camila commented as she glanced around the completely basic space that was filled with stains and dirt.

The room was as plain as plain can be. The walls were white and the bunks had a thin mattress and almost completely flat pillow. There was no other furniture except for two night stands that were supposed to be shared and a couple of shelves with some hangers laying around inside.

"Well you should get used to it," Pratt shrugged. "The sheets are laying on your bed, but you'll have to make the bed yourself. One of the inmates, Becky, will come by with some essentials like a toothbrush and toothpaste that everyone gets once they arrive. Your work doesn't start until tomorrow, so I suggest you relax and maybe get to know each other before dinner begins in 2 hours. Everyone is at work right now, so please do not leave your bunk. It was nice meeting you girls."

Lauren gave the woman a thumbs up as she exited their bunk and made her way to some place else. 

"I need to start making an escape plan or something," Lauren insisted. "They really do run this place like a prison and there's no way I want to be here any longer than I already have been."

"Thought you weren't scared and said we were going to be fine?" Dinah teased, raising her eyebrows.

"Well that was before I saw this room!" Lauren replied loudly. "Just look at it."

Normani completely ignored their conversation and began making her bed, realizing that arguing was not going to get them anywhere. 

"Maybe if we all just calm down and think of a better place we will be ok," Ally suggested calmly. "Like I remember whenever I was upset at home I would think of the beach and some of my favorite vacations. There's got to be something we can think of to keep our minds off the fact that we're in here."

"No offense, but that meditation and world peace crap is not going to help in here," Lauren warned. 

"Well I think it's a good idea," Camila smiled, giving the oldest girl a high five to show her support of the plan. "What do you like to do on your free time, Ally?"

"Well...I love to bake and of course, eat! I spend a lot of time with my family, friends, and boyfriend, and I really like to pray and go to church at least twice a week," she answered proudly. 

"I love eating too! Sometimes I go to church, but definitely not twice a week," Camila responded with a bit of guilt in her voice, trying to continue the conversation. 

"Oh my god! Is this show and tell or something?" Lauren chuckled, shaking her head back and forth. "We're completely screwed if we actually have to live here. Doesn't anyone else see that?"

"I'm with you girl," Dinah admitted, holding her hand in the air. 

Before the group of girls were able to say anything else, a loud and obnoxious bell sounded and a man's voice spoke on the intercom. 

"Work has now ended. Please head to your bunks briefly and then make your way to the cafeteria."

(Author's Note) Hi amazing people! Thank you so much for continuing to read this fanfic. I hope you like how it's going so far. I'm sorry I haven't been able to update lately, but I'm going to post more now that I'm not as busy.