Chapter 6

Narrator POV

"Is anyone else getting really sick of this damn routine?" Dinah asked desperately.

"Hunny," Demi began. "I don't remember a time when I wasn't doing this. I know it's boring and sort of gross, but we're going to get through this for sure."

"That's true," Dinah admitted. "What's next on the schedule for today?"

"Free time!" Ariana cheered. "I think we have yoga today!"

Normani groaned at the older girl's response and continued folding her stack of clean clothes vigorously. Normani rarely got into a happy mood because she hated everything about her situation and missed her life at home. Some of them had began to realize that Camila was keeping to herself more than usual and was know strictly only talking to Ally. 

"Finally," Normani huffed as the bell rang and signaled it was ok for them to leave. "Now it's time for the stupid yoga class."

"YOGA!!" Ariana screeched with excitement. 

---

The group of girls entered a large room organized like a gymnasium and tried to find mats close together so that they were able to talk. Maia and Lauren immediately got into their fake zen like state and started giggling at Ally, who was a little too into the activity. 

"Ommmm," Ally moaned with her eyes shut and her hands in a circular shape. 

"Easy there kung foo," Dinah chuckled. "Class hasn't even started...you got any experience with this?"

"A little here and there," Ally answered back with a little embarrassment. 

"Teach me!" Camila begged. "I heard that meditation really changes peoples lives for the better."

"Sure it does," Normani mumbled sarcastically as Demi slapped her hand.

As they all got settled on a mat, a group of older women that were also inmates entered the room. They were wearing sweatpants and a neon t-shirt that had INSTRUCTOR labeled across their chests. Apparently some of the crazier people used to pretend that they were instructors and cause the inmates physical pain from stretches that they shouldn't have been doing. 

"Alrighty roo!" a hippy looking woman yelled. "I'm Schwartz and I'll be the lead instructor for today. If this is your first time attending, you most likely won't know anything and this could feel a little bit weird. Some of these positions and poses could cause you to be sore the next day...so don't go around saying that we made that happen on purpose."

"E-Excuse me," Ariana interrupted her.

"What?" another instructor snapped. "We haven't even began and I'm already taking questions!"

"Oops," Ariana giggled. "Will we be able to do dancing if it involves yoga?"

All of the other inmates gave each other annoyed looks and rolled their eyes at the immature question.  A few of the younger girls laughed and whispered to each other about how weird they thought she was.

"Dance on your own time," Schwartz replied hastily. "If there is anymore funny business, I have the right to get a guard and they will write you up."

"Please be quiet Grande," Demi practically begged, even using her last name for more emphasis. "If you get written up again, they might put you in a secluded cell."

"Ok, let's get this started!" Schwartz yelled before putting on some old techno music through a CD player. "First position is called a downward dog."

"Lauren! You must have a lot of experience with that," Maia winked.

"Oh my god!" she blushed. "Can you not embarrass me here?"

"No promises player."

Camila tried to give Maia a threatening type of look, but it came off as something innocent and even cute looking to everyone who saw. 

"Ladies! Oh my god ladies," one woman said, a bit afraid of what she was seeing. "Watch how you stretch those muscles or you'll be sorry."

"Oh! Oh!" Ariana called out as most of the inmates turned to give her an intimidating stare. "I mean...nothing. Nothing at all."

Demi gave the worried girl a thumbs up and smile to let her know that not everyone in their wanted to throw her out of a window, or so she thought. Camila continued staring at Lauren intently and trying to listen in on her conversation with Maia. 

"Anyone you think is hot in this place?" Maia asked curiously as Lauren glanced around. Her emerald eyes almost met Camila's stare, but she never stayed completely focused on one person for even a second.

"I already got with Ariana...she is something," Lauren smiled. "Besides her, I don't think I'm interested in anyone surprisingly. I think a few people are cute, but I'm having fun staying single and checking out the different options for the future."

Camila was almost disgusted at Lauren's response. She couldn't understand why Lauren wasn't interested in committing to a relationship and spending time with someone that she could possibly love. It hurt Camila that the older girl was not even openly considering her, but it didn't change the way she felt about her at the same time. 

"Ok! Great job girls!" Schwartz announced. "Yoga is every other day after the second block. I know it's mandatory for newbies, but if you think you want to come back...you are all always welcomed."

Ariana stopped herself from screaming and decided to nod eagerly instead. All of the women exited the room and headed to the cafeteria for their next meal, dinner. 

"Ally!" Camila called out, causing most of the group to turn around curiously. "S-Sorry I just have a quick question for you."

"Sure!" Ally smiled, locking arms with Camila as the rest of the girls continued their conversations. "What's up, girl?"

"No one really knows this...and I would normally keep it to myself, but I'm going to be in here for sort of a long time and I don't think it's possible," she explained. "I think that I might like Lauren."

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be on vacation this week and I'm not sure what the wifi situation is, but I'm going to try and update as much as I can. Also...please pray for my Grandma...she's sick and it would so much to me if you kept her in your prayers. Ily all.