My eyes then softened as I realized this was a good thing. "I'm sorry too. I never meant to snap at you back then."

     Lea shrugged. "I kind of deserve it. I wasn't being a good friend."

     I didn't reply to that because it was true. No good friend would give their best friend crazy ideas of their guy cheating on them. I think that was the thing that actually hurt. The fact that she - my best friend - would do that. Even though I knew her intentions were to help me, it still hurt.

     "Can I ask you why you told me what you did?" I asked curiously.

     Lea sighed once again. "I want to tell you, but I can't. It's so complicated and I will tell you. When the time is right."

     I frowned. "When would that be?"

     "A month from now?"

     I nodded. That was somewhat reasonable. Everyone needed time, so I would definitely give her that. Despite us not talking for two weeks, I still loved her. She was amazing.

     "Okay, I'm going to Ms. Rose now," I said, smiling softly.

     "Okay, I'll see you soon," Lea replied.

     We then went our separate directions. My heart felt lighter as I walked to the hallway Brianna's room was in. I was glad to be back on speaking terms with my best friend. She wasn't someone I wanted to lose.

     In two minutes, I reached the hallway Brianna's room was in. Ms. Rose stood alone, mopping the floor. I swear that was the first time I saw her doing actual maid work. Usually she had the freedom to just boss other maids around all day.

     As I reached Ms. Rose, I asked, "What do you want?"

     "It's not me who wants you," Ms. Rose replied tiredly. "It's Brianna."

     "Okay," I said, hiding my disappointment.

     I didn't want to talk to Brianna, but it seemed like I was going to have to. That lead to me having to take deep breaths in. The sight of her always made my blood boil, so I needed to stop the boiling before it would overflow.

     I walked down the hallway for a few seconds and reached her door. It was shut, so I knocked on it. I was thankful that Donovan wasn't here. I wouldn't know how to react if I caight them kissing. My reaction would probably - defintely cost me my job.  

     The door soon opened and Brianna stood in front of me. Like the last time we were alone together, she looked solemn. My heartbeat began to quicken with nervousness. I didn't know how to deal with this Brianna.

     "Hey," she said quietly. "Come in."

     I obeyed her and followed her into her room. We walked to the centre of it and stood in our places. I was confused by the situation because it didn't seem like the room needed any cleaning. But then again, Brianna always made me clean without purpose.

     "Can you help me with something?" she asked.

     "Sure," I replied. "With what?"

     "I lost a ring. It's silver with a heart in the middle of it," she said tiredly.

     My throat constricted as I thought of who must of gave it to Brianna. It must of been Donovan. I hated how he had given her so much when I thought about it sometimes.

     "Okay, so do I just look around for it?" I asked nervously.

     She nodded.

     Without another word, she began looking for the ring. Frowning, I began to look for it at the other side of the room as well. The side where her bed was.