Chapter 9

"Wake up sweetheart." I heard someone whisper.

My eyes flew open as I realized I wasn't alone in my room. Sitting up quickly, I was surprised to see a well dress Donovan leaning against my closed door. He was grinning at me and I groaned, rubbing my tired eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at the clock. "It's only ten."

"Yeah, I thought you would be awake by now," he said thoughtfully. "I thought you would want to look extra nice for me."

I face-palmed myself. "Shush Donovan."

"Only if you wake up."

"Fine."

I got out of bed and shot him a glare. Smiling sheepishly, he suddenly walked over and sat down on the carpet in front of my bed. That brought a question to my mind.

"Why do you always sit on that carpet?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know... It's comfortable."

I couldn't help but smile. "You're one weird rich guy."

He shrugged again. "I know."

My smile grew as I walked to the washroom. Excitement filled me as I realized I would get to spend an entire day with this guy. Nothing could stop us from having fun today either.

*****

I was waiting for Donovan outside. We both decided that it was better to leave the mansion separately, just in case anyone would snitch on us to Brianna. At first I thought the idea of anyone snitching on us absurd, but then I realized not everyone was like me. Some people actually loved Brianna - like Ms. Rose. And some people respected the rich - like Harry, who I hadn't seen for a while.

"Hey," I heard Donovan say.

I looked to my right, suddenly self-conscious about my appearance. Donovan had left before I got ready, so he didn't know what I was wearing until now. Compared to his blue shirt and black pants, I felt incredibly underdressed in my simple red dress.

Donovan didn't seem to think that because he said, "You look lovely. Maybe not all girls need the extra time to look great."

"Thanks." I blushed. "So where are we going?"

He broke out into a grin. "Anywhere you'd like to go."

My eyes narrowed at him. "Are you serious?"

"Completely."

"Donovan," I whined. "You were supposed to plan something for us. I don't know where we should go."

"Really?" he asked. "Isn't there anywhere you'd like to go around here?"

I shook my head. I never thought about the area when I got my job at the mansion. I never expected to be able to leave the building in the first place, so I didn't really care about the area. That seemed to be a dumb idea now.

"Well, lucky for you I picked a place," he said, grinning.

I stared at him blankly, completely mind blown. This Donovan was a bit different than usual, but he reminded me of the Donovan I met at midnight - the one that seemed to be free. I liked that Donovan as well as the Donovan I knew when Brianna wasn't looking.

"Shall we go?" he asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah."

*****