Chapter 39

"What are you two doing?" Brianna spat out, clenching her hands into fists.

I gulped and glanced at Donovan. He looked equally as surprised as me as he stared at Brianna with bulging eyes. Neither of us seemed to know what to do.

"Answer me!" she demanded, raising her voice to a higher pitch.

My body began to shake as I saw how angry Brianna was. She was shaking like me, but in anger. Anger that I knew she would lash out on the both of us because she knew. She knew I was the reason for everything that had happened to Donovan and her.

"Brianna," Donovan finally said gently. "I'm sorry."

"Shut the hell up Donovan!" she yelled. "I don't want to hear your bullshit! I'm talking to Alanna!"

I gulped once again as her eyes seemed to stab me with their daggers. I felt sick, nauseous as she stood there glaring at me. Pain also filled my chest, but not my own pain. The pain I saw in Brianna's eyes from the sight of the two of us.

Brianna suddenly laughed bitterly. "Speechless, aren't you Alanna? Well you should be. You should be after everything you've done to me. Do you know why I came here? I came here to tell you about Donovan and how he just broke my heart. I came to tell you because I trust you. I thought you were my friend. But turns out, you're the reason why he broke up with me. And knowing the two of you, this must of been going on for a while."

I knew I should have denied it, I knew I should of said something to make the situation seem better, but I couldn't. Honestly, I was lost for words because my karma was finally catching up with me. For the past six months, I had been going behind Brianna's back with Donovan. I had been going on dates, kissing, and even loving him when he had a girlfriend. A girlfriend who truly loved him. I deserved this.

Brianna placed her hands on her hips suddenly as I just stared at her, begging her with my eyes to forgive the both of us. To understand that neither of us meant to hurt her even though we did. From what I could tell, she wasn't about to forgive us anytime soon.

"You owe me the answers to a few questions," Brianna said sternly.

Donovan said, "Okay."

He glanced at me, asking if this was okay with his eyes. I nodded a little and began to feel anxious for her questions. Definitely they would be questions I would prefer not to answer.

"Question one," Brianna said, glaring at me once again. "Did Alanna start this between you. Did she make the first move?"

"No," Donovan quickly replied. "I did. I'm sorry."

Brianna's eyes widened and her face paled. I guess she thought that I was the slut who just waltzed into her relationship and stole her man. Surprisingly, it was Donovan who had begun this. He had asked me for a kiss the day we met, sparking my curiosity that day. I felt sorry for her at the thought.

"Don't say sorry you asshole," Brianna snapped. "Next question. When Donovan and I were together, which was until a day ago, did Donovan do anything that would be considered cheating?"

Brianna was looking directly at me when she asked the question, so I knew she would only take an answer from me. Seeing that Donovan was now holding my hand, I understood that he had nothing to hide. Neither of us did. Right now we were owning up to our sins.

"Yes," I said quietly. "He did."

"What did he do?" Brianna squeaked out, seeming to break down all over again.

Her eyes were beginning to fill up with water as she stared at me with a pained expression. My heart ached for her as she stared at me. It was funny how just minutes ago I had felt on top of the world. Things were finally going well for the two of us, and now this just had to happen. Life seemed to throw a lot of hurdles my way. It was like I wasn't meant to be happy with Donovan specifically.