Chapter 30

I groaned and paced around my room frustrated. I couldn't believe it. I honestly couldn't. 

     "Donovan," I whined. "You're leaving me alone with Brianna again?"

     "Sorry, my parents need me to go to a cousins house with them," Donovan said gently. "It's not like anything will be different. You'll work, she'll be there."

     "Yeah, but you won't be there."

     I sighed. I really didn't want to be alone with Brianna, especially not now. Right now I was angry at her for being with my guy. The guy who she didn't deserve, but got to date due to his stupid parents. Everything about the situation was frustrating.

     "Aw." Donovan grinned. "You love me."

     "No," I huffed. "I'll just be bored without you."

     "So, you've been using me all this time?" Donovan asked, pretending to be shocked.

       He placed a hand on his heart, pretending to have a heart attack. I laughed at his lameness. He was such a weird person sometimes.

     "No, I will actually miss you," I said shyly.

     He smiled sadly. "I will too, but it's just for a day. We'll see each other tomorrow."

     "That's if I survive a day with Brianna," I sighed.

     "You will, she won't bother you. Trust me."

     "Fine," I said, still unconvinced.

     Even though Brianna and I were fine the last time we were alone, I still wasn't happy. I hated the girl right now, so the last thing I wanted was to spend more time with her. Also, I had to admit I didn't want to see the vulnerable side of Brianna again. Back then it drove me into a guilt trip, and I had a bad feeling it would again. That was the last thing I needed right now because Donovan and I were happy. In my opinion, that was all that mattered right now.

     I hugged Donovan and told him to have fun. He told me the same thing and kissed my head gently. I gushed, but played it cool as I grinned at him sheepishly. Sometimes I felt weird showing Donovan how crazy I was about him.

     Donovan soon left, leaving me alone. I sighed as I thought about what would happen today. After what happened two weeks ago, I hadn't talked to Lea. It wasn't that I was hurt anymore, but I just didn't feel like talking to her after the way she acted. I wasn't sure why.

     That wasn't a good thing today though because now I had to deal with Brianna all alone. How fun.

                         *****

       I heard a knock on my door as I finished putting on my maid uniform. My outfit and hair were placed correctly, so I quickly rushed to the door wondering who it was. Donovan was gone and Lea and I weren't talking.

     Turned out, it was Lea. She stood at the door in her maid uniform, staring at me expressionless. Her lack of expression made it seem like she didn't want to be here, which meant I wasn't getting an apology. I wasn't surprised.

     "Ms. Rose wants you," Lea said, still expressionless. "She's in hall that Brianna's room is in."

     "Okay, I'll go now," I said as expressionless as her.

     Two could play at this game, so that was exactly what I was doing. If Lea was going to act like she didn't know me, so would I. That was how I ran.

     Lea suddenly sighed. "Alanna, I'm sorry."

     My eyes widened. I didn't expect that. Definitely not today either.