Chapter 67

Chapter 67

I stood in the throne hall. At the last minute, the wedding had been switched to this room. It would hold more people. It did not even look like the same room. It had been decorated in soft white silk that hung from the ceiling, a hundred feet above, all the way to the floor. Flowers lined the room and a great altar had been set up on the stage. It was all in marble and ivory. The splashes of blue color that showed managed to break up the monotony, but not the unbelievable gaudiness.

"How are we handling security?," I asked Angel, as she stood beside me.

"I have the two silver units forming our security wall around the palace. There is also a full battalion of the Space Rangers making patrols throughout the local area. Everyone is carrying sniffers."

"What is the report system?"

"At random intervals, between one and seven minutes, computer call out, one minute to answer."

I nodded to myself. Between the Silver units and the Space Rangers, we would be as secure as we could make it.

"Drake, there is something I think you should know. I could get in a lot of trouble for telling you this. His majesty has figured out how to release you from your PG oath. He has already signed the paperwork. He said he wants you in the line of succession."

"Why would he want me there so badly?"

"He wants someone he trusts on the throne if anything happens. He trusts you further than anyone he knows."

I let it go at that point. If I did my job, I would never have to worry about sitting on the throne. What an amazing incentive to do your job correctly.