46. Lightning Toss

Start from the beginning

I frown seeing the text message I received from Mihane. The criteria she has for boys is beyond this world.

Sakura: <I don't judge a boy by their muscles>

Mihane: <I know but it is a nice bonus along with their face~>

I sigh seeing her last message. She's as boy crazy as it gets. I chuckle. She hasn't changed that mindset of finding her prince at all. Seeing that makes me kind of relieved. I take a stroll around for some fresh air and hear a loud shout from a nearby gym that makes me flinch.

"Why ain't I getting any better?!" someone shouts. Nishinoya? Out of reflex, I hide behind a tree after the thoughts Mihane put into my mind. My face flushes bright red when I think about Nishinoya's muscles. I shake my head hoping those thoughts would disappear and try not to be seen.

Nishinoya POV
(In the gym)

"Why ain't I getting any better?!" I loudly shout. I chug my water and fall to the cold floor of the gym and practice tossing the ball. Asahi went to take a break after practicing his jump serves and spiking my tosses. I should take a break too...I slap my cheeks and stand back up. No, I need to practice more! Asahi will probably come back for more training. I shouldn't follow him. I start picking up the volleyballs and hearing a rustling sound from outside the gym.

"Geh! Is someone there!?" I jolt back startled. I stand there nervously, thinking about what could possibly be out of there...I swear, the first training camp we had made me scream like a girl...I'm not going to get nervous again. Besides, the noise might just be an animal. I slowly creep out of the gym to see a larger shadow than I expected...Wait a minute! "Sakura are you out there?" I yell out loud and she pops out from behind the tree.

"Hey Noya," she greets with a small wave and I frown seeing her hiding behind the tree on a cold night. She should think of herself more, she could've gotten sick.

"You could've come in. It makes me feel bad that you're standing out here in the cold," I tell her and she shakes her head.

"It's okay, it's not too cold out here. Tokyo is pretty warm compared to Miyagi right now. Besides, I wasn't out here for that long, I was walking around then I heard you shout," Sakura explains to me, awkwardly scratching the back of her neck as she comes into the gym.

"Oh..." My face flushes red thinking back to how loud I must've been.

"No, you weren't that loud..." Sakura reassures me, "Well, I mean, you're always loud, but you weren't your loudest." She grins and I pout.

"Sakura, that still means I'm loud," I say, no longer sure whether or not she's trying to tell me if I'm loud or not.

"Uh, wait, well...Hm..." she tries to think of an excuse and notices all the volleyballs on the ground, "Noya, I'll help you pick up all the volleyballs!" She rushes to pick them up and I laugh seeing her struggle to carry them all in her small arms.

She's trying to change the topic. The tips of my lips move up into a smile. "Thanks, Sakura~" I come over and take some of the volleyballs from her.

"No problem, but you're still helping me," she says with a small frown. "You always help me. I can help you toss some volleyballs to you again," she offers and I turn down her offer.

"I don't want to always ask you," I tell her thinking back about the days at Karasuno where she always took time out of her club activities to help me out. I depend too much on her. "I'm pretty selfish," I mumble thinking about how much she's helped me.

She shakes her head. "It's fine. I'm your girlfriend, and it's at times like this where you can depend on me. Besides, you always help me out like when you gave me your jacket that time. Just ask me and I'll be there to help," she points to herself with a silly grin.