28. Long Time No See

Sakura POV
(Inside the Inter-high preliminaries building)

"Noya, I didn't know you got the best libero award in middle school," I exclaim in surprise hearing the people around me whisper rumors of the players at Karasuno, "I already knew that Natsuki and Kageyama are both seen as geniuses in the volleyball world, but I didn't know you're a great player among the team. I-I mean, I know you're a great player, but not this great," I stumble on my words.

Noya's ears perk up from hearing my terrible compliment and his nose metaphorically gets longer with a sense of pride, "Yep! I'm the best of the best liberos here in Miyagi prefecture!" he shouts with his arms on his hips shouting loudly, "How did you know?" He asks with a grin.

"I just overheard people talking," I shrug with a smile, "but I feel bad that Asahi is seen as some type of Yankee delinquent," I turn to Asahi who's sulking in a corner with Daichi and Sugawara messing with him. The poor guy can't even fight for himself.

"Really?" Nishinoya says in surprise, and walks over to Asahi, "Asahi-san, Sakura told me that people think you're a delinquent," He bluntly says out loud and I facepalm myself hearing that. He didn't have to mention my name...I ignore the thought and try to say some encouraging words to Asahi, but Nishinoya beats me to it, "Asahi, you have to be more aggressive in the way you talk, or else no one's going to listen to you!" Nishinoya tells him, "I want you to tell people that you're going to beat them because you're the ace of the team, alright?" Nishinoya says with a cheeky smile and a thumbs up.

"I-I don't know about this," I warn Nishinoya, thinking about how Asahi would be affected. He's probably going to explode from all the pressure.

"Don't worry, Asahi can do this!" Nishinoya says.

I turn to Asahi, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop him," I whisper into Asahi's ear.

"It's okay. I'll try to stop him," he whispers back. He walks to Nishinoya with some confidence. "Nishinoya, you don't have to--"

"HEY, WERE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT ASAHI?!" Nishinoya shouts to two volleyball players who jump in surprise hearing Nishinoya's loud voice.

"Um...Yeah...?" one of the players nervously answers, "W-why....?"

"MY PAL ASAHI IS A VERY QUIET FELLOW AND HE HAS SOME STUFF TO TELL YOU," Nishinoya says and pats Asahi on the back. By now our team was attracting more attention than before...Is this supposed to happen?!

Asahi stands in front of the two players and clears his throat, "I-I'm g-g-gonna b-beat you," Asahi says, but the two boys there immediately run away hearing that...Seriously!?

"Nishinoya, they just ran away!? What should we do?!" Asahi says in complete worry and Nishinoya shrugs.

"Just leave them be. Let's go find some other people who thought you were a delinquent," he grins and pulls Asahi along by the arm.

"Nishinoya is truly wild," Daichi says and Sugawara nods in agreement. They watch Asahi being dragged by Nishinoya, and both of them have a deadpan expression seeing Nishinoya like that. Sugawara turns to Asahi, "Why can't you be like that?"

"W-Why would I want to be like him?!?" Asahi asks worryingly. I chuckle at their interaction. Nishinoya and Asahi sure are complete opposites to each other. I'm about to go join the rest of the team, but my phone rings.

*Ring* *Ring*

I take out my phone and see that it's Mihane calling. She must have already arrived at the building. I pick up my phone, "Hello?"

"Hey, uh. Sakura. I thought it was going to be hard to find you, but from all the loud noise of a short kid, I found you pretty quickly," she says, "Anyways, turn to your right so I can see my old childhood friend again!" she happily says. I quickly turn to my right and Mihane stands there cheerfully waving at me.