The Watcher's Freak Child.

I'm a freak. Did you hear me, world? A FREAK! 

My name is Adriana Anne Giles. I am the 16 years old daughter of Rupert Giles. I am 5'4". I have plain brown hair, and green eyes. I look normal. Like a normal human girl. But believe me, I'm not. 

When i was a kid, about 5, my dad took off. Just left. Mum- never recovered. Two years later, on Christmas eve,she jumped off the bridge in the town. It took them 47 hours to find her blue, cold body. Her death became a thing of gossip in the village. A couple of weeks later, my grandparents showed up and took me in. Dad's folks. I never met  Mum's family. 

But now here I am. Sunnydale, sent to live with my dear ol' Dad. Gran dropped my stuff off at his place, then decided to take me to Dad's place of work. Get this, he works at the HIGH SCHOOL. I'm starting there today. Gran says I'm to go check in the library. I don't care about school, but I love Gran. 

The minute I walk into the office, I hear an angry man's voice. Ooh, I pity the kid. Sounds WAY too familiar. I walk up to the receptionist. 

" Excuse me, Ma'am, but I'm the new transfer student. Adriana Gi-"

She smiles at me. " Of course! Here's your schedule, darlin'!" 

I accept the paper, walk out, and- get lost. So, I'm SUPPOSED to be going to the library, but I can't find it. Great. 

While I'm freaking out, a red-headed girl smashes into me. 

" Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! Are you okay- Are you new?" She says fast, almost as if she's used to be walked all over on. 

" Yeah, I'm fine, and yes, I'm new. Umm, do you know where the library is? I need to pick up textbooks." 

" Oh, yeah! Right there! Thorough those doors. I'm going there myself!" 

So, somehow, me and the Red-head walk in together. There he is. Dad. Rupert Giles himself. He turns, and looks at me. A quizzical look crosses his face.  " Are you new?"

This hurts. He doesn't even know me!! My face turns tomato red, and I practically spit out, " Aren't you supposed to be smart?!?How do you not recognize me when I look JUST LIKE YOU?!?"

He looks shocked. He barely breathes. " Adriana?" 

Now he gets it. " Yes, DAD. It's me. Gran didn't want me anymore, and you're the only relative I haven't  been thrust upon. So, here I am! Surprise!"

He stands stock still. So do the other people in the room. The cute black-haired boy, and the short blond. Then, Dad runs forward and gives me a hug. 

The room is silent for a second. Then he lets go. And I turn to face the three teens standing there, stunned.

The blond is first to speak up. " Wait, Giles? You have a KID??"

" Yeah, I'm Adriana Giles, the Freak. I'm 16.  And what is your name?"

" Buffy. Buffy Summers. And this is Willow Rosenberg," She gestures to the friendly red-head," And Alexander Harris." She nodded her head at the cute guy. 

He looks at me. " Call me Xander. " 

I look amongst them. Here's where the freakishness comes in. I turn to Buffy, look her in the eye and calmly say, " You're the slayer."

I savor the reactions. Willow stutters incoherently , Xander falls off his chair backwards, and Buffy just looks at me. Dad looks at me with this weird look on his face. 

" What? I told you I was a freak. Well, I can't help what I am! I just see things! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!' 

I go into curl up mode, and collapse into a chair, and put my face into my knees. I could've become friends with these people! I've ruined it!!!

The bell rings, and I make a mad dash for the door.