"Would you stop trying to be proper and just call him Nick?" Leon said as sharply as he could.

Kayos gave him a look before he went on. "Nick, sent us a sample of your blood that he'd taken before the paramedics arrived. He asked for a specific test to be done, you know the one that tells us what class we rank in. So we did, and you know what the test said?" Leon didn't feel much like playing along so he just remained silent. "Okay, I'll just tell you. They came back as inconclusive. That only happens when it's reading the blood of an S-class level demon. So congratulations, are in order- Leon. You've officially been promoted to the S-class rank in the Chain's database."

"You'll have to forgive me for not leaping with joy." Leon said as Natalia returned with a pitcher of water in hand as well as Carny and Nick right on her heels. "Hey there Carny, how's life on the Chain?"

Carny pushed Nick and Kayos aside to get at Leon as he leaned over him and looked over every inch of his face. Carny's head darting from this point to that point all too much like an animal trying to figure something new out. After a moment Carny let out a sigh of relief and shrank back mumbling to himself before he finally answered him. "Carny hates the island and the island hates Carny. He can't go anywhere without pigs looking at him like something's wrong. Carny just wants to rip out their eyes and stuff them in their mouths and make them chew!"

"That bad huh?" Leon asked as Natalia brought the fresh water to his lips which he gladly accepted.

"Carny hates the Fake most of all." Carny said pointing to Kayos who simply glared at the psychotic demon. "He won't let Carny change his face because his face isn't really his but it's His face and Carny hates it. He's a Fake who has His face and won't change it no matter how much Carny tells him to. Oh wait, wait until Carny finds you asleep. Oh yes, then he'll change his face, oh yes he will!"

"That's enough captain." Kayos said making Carny shoot a look that could in no way not be seen as hostile but at least he did stop talking. Instead Carny took a spot near the door as if he were guarding Leon. Kayos looked back at his 'captain' for a moment before returning his gaze to Leon. "As for Royce... He still believes that there might be something that can be done about the rift between us."

"Of course he does." Leon said rolling his eyes and feeling much more like himself after that bit of water he'd had. He turned to Natalia and quietly asked her and Nick for a moment alone with Kayos. Both of them looked completely taken off guard by the request as they both turned their heads up to look at Kayos but eventually they left, albeit reluctantly. Now that they were gone Kayos had a bit of a glint in his eyes Leon couldn't help but notice as he fought his way up to a sitting position despite the burning pain in his chest. "Don't look so happy about me asking to talk to you alone. I meant what I said about you no longer being allowed in my life."

With those words Leon saw the glint in Kayos' eyes vanish but if he was hurt by those words he did a good job of hiding it. His face was as much of a cold mask as it'd ever been when Leon was growing up, but that wasn't what Leon wanted to talk about. "Any word on these so called Demon Uprisings?"

"Is that what you're calling them?" Leon shrugged again and told him that it was what the news was calling them last he checked which made Kayos scoff as he sat down in the chair beside Leon's bed. "My men have stopped nearly 30 more attacks before the news could get a hold of them. It seems that Skorge, however misguided he was, has managed to get other demons to believe in his words."

"Was he misguided?" Leon asked earning him a reproachful look from Kayos. "Demons haven't had to change since emerged. Humans aren't as strong as we are, and Skorge was right, they are killing this planet. You can't tell me that you haven't thought the same over your life."