Book Tour- part 3

I took Alex in a uber to a fancy restaurant in LA. The waiter took us to our seats. I awkwardly pulled Alex's chair out for him and he rolled his eyes and laughed, but I know he liked it really.

"What are you going to order?" I asked him.

"Well if your paying, um all of it" he said looking up at me and smiling.

"If you order all of it, you have to eat ever last crum."

"I am hungry but maybe not that hungry" he laughed making me smile. His laugh was amazing and never failed to put a smile on my face. To think that we only met this morning and I'm already on a date with him is crazy.

We order our food, Alex choosing pasta, I went for the same as him because I couldn't chose. We ate with mild conversation between bites of our food. It was not long till we were finished and the waiter came along to take our plates and coming back with desert menus.

"I don't think I can eat a desert to myself, that pasta was filling" Alex said stretching out his tummy muscles.

"How about we share one?"

"How romantic. Let's do it. Shall we go for a sundae and get two spoons" he said like a child, with the cutest smile

"Your such a dork"

"But we loves it!"

The waiter came with the menu and we orders a chocolate sundae. it was not even 5 minutes later the waiter brought it over placing in between us and handing us a spoon each. We said thank you and he went on his way.

I waited awkwardly for Alex to take the first bite. He put his spoon in the class cup full of ice cream. He raised the spoon to his mouth and opened wide. God those lips.

"It's really good, Scotty! Aren't you going to try some?"

We both finished the ice cream off humming with approval with every mouth full. The waiter came with the bill shortly after.

"I hate this bit" Alex said.

"I will pay"

"No, then I will feel bad."

"But I brought you here, so I should pay"

"Fine, but I paying next time!"

"Next time?"

"Yeah" Alex said with a toothy smile.

I paid the waiter and stood up. I held my hand out for Alex to hold. He connected our hands and stood up too. Both of us smiling wide. His hand was warm and it just felt right to hold it.

We made it outside, holding hands.

"What now?" The brunette asked me.

"Do you live here or are you visiting?"

"Visiting"

"So you live in Arlington?"

"Correct"

I smile "Me too. We have to meet up when we both get back. I have 2 more signings then I go back. How long are you here for?"

"I leave in the morning"

"But you haven't been anywhere you spent the day with me?"

"Yeah?"

"Wait? Did you come to LA for my book signing?"

He nodded

"So you knew who I was on the plane?"

He nodded

"And you were already at the signing when I called you?"

He nodded

"You are full of surprises!"

"Yeah, it was funny. I kinda surprised I didn't freak out on the plane, but it was fun messing around with you Scotty. So I guess I will see you back home?"

"Yeah" Alex began walking away but I stopped him.

"I thought in books people kiss at the end of a good first date"

"What books have you been reading? The ones for teenage girls?" Alex laughed.

I brought the brunette closer to me. We were inches apart starring at each other's lips.

"Are we about to kiss?" I whisper

"Maybe" he whispered back.

I lean forward, eyes closed. My lips closing in on the distance between his lips and mine. Our lips touched and I melted into the feeling of his lips on mind. We pulled away after a few seconds

"Call me?"

I nodded, still in a trance.

A/N- finished