Book Tour. Part 2

Right now I'm getting ready to go to my signing. My stomachs in knots and I can't sit still. I'm scared nobody's gonna turn up or there is going to be so many people that I freak out. This is not normal for me. Just Scott Hoying the nerd from high school. Not the kind of nerd that people always refer with glasses but the passionate one. I'm so passionate about so many things that I "nerd" out. Like with reading and writing but also music.

"Hey it's Scott from the plane"

"Oh hey. Are you okay?" The soft voice broke out from my phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that book you were reading on the plane. There is a signing with the author and I was wonder if you want to go. I will be there."

"Omg yes. So you know the book?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to tell you because you seemed so passionate about it. I like hearing the book form someone else's point of view"

"You are something else. I would love to come. Text me the address and time." He sounded really excited which made my heart race even more.

"Okay! See you then."

"Bye, Scott" I pressed the red bottom on my phone and let out a breath. Knowing Alex was going to be there made me less nervous and more excited to see the passionate man again.

I sent off the text and left my hotel room to get in my uber that was talking me to my book signing.

The black car pulled up at the back of barns and nobles and I got out greeted by the manger of the popular book store.

"Mr. Hoying." The small man said shaking my hand. "We are so happy with the turn out, sir."

"How many people?"

"About 2,000 give or take. They are in the queues now. You have three hours."

2,000 people and this is only the first stop? My heart started racing again. The manager walked me into the building. We went up in the elevator and down the hall past many books, until, we reach a table with signs with my book on it.

"So how this works. People have to have your book to get it signed. No picture sorry. Once you let someone take a selfie they all want to and we haven't got time. So good luck." The man patted me on the back and left, leaving me with two security guards which I didn't think I needed.

They let people in and I got through quite a lot of people in 1 hours. I got a toilet break after about 1 hour but I had to hurry because there was still 1000 odd people left. Coming back from the toilet I got to check my phone.

From Alex
The place is so busy I don't think we are going to find each other.

To Alex
Just get the book signed and then we will go from there :)

I smiled to my self at the text.

The signing is going well and i am down to the last 100 odd. I am still on edge because I haven't seen Alex yet. I hadn't been able to check my phone as well so I am praying that he didn't leave.

"Hello, and what is your name?" I said for what felt like the millionth time that day.

"Hi, my name is Berry" the teenager said timidly. She was cute really. I still couldn't understand why people would get star struck over me.

"Berry is a pretty name" I said as I signed her book and passed it on to her. She said thank you and moved along, probably with a million thing she wanted to ask me but was to shy too. I know the feeling I am on the opposite side of the table more often than this side.

"Hello, and what's your name?" I lifted my head up and smiled wide. "Alex"

"You answered your own question" he said with a smile" I took the book out of his hands.

"I love the book by the way. Really connected to it.

"Thank you that means a lot"

"Thank you" he put his arm out waiting for me to pass his book back to him.

"If you stay, you can to hang out with the author" I said handing back the book.

"I do really want to hang out with the author but I'm actually meeting someone here"

"Oh well I hope you have a good time" I said with a smile while the brunette made his way to the quite area with beanbags.

I followed him with my eyes  until he sad down and I was brought back to me senses but a lady with me book. Oh yeah the book signing.

"Hey" I said awkwardly approaching Alex.

"Oh hey Scott I have been waiting for you."

"I'm starving do you wanna go get something to eat?"

"I would love to. Standing in that queue for hours really takes it out of you. I would hate to be the one signing the books, just sitting there looking pretty for three hours while signing thousands of books" the brunette said with a smile.

"Right" I nodded. " that would suck." I awkwardly laughed. The brunette walked past me.

"You coming, Scotty?" He stopped.

"Um yeah. Hey Alex! How long are we gonna keep this going?"

"Keep what going Scott? Hey I don't know your last name." Gosh that cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes and walked forward.

"Hey I'm Scott hoying" I reached out my hand for him to shake.

"Wait you mean The Scott Hoying. Author of 'shameful and shameless'"

"I'm so done with you."

"Why didn't you tell me, you dork."

"I don't know. I wanted you to tell me what you thought about my book without knowing I wrote it. If that makes sense"

He smile. That's good right?

"So Scott Hoying still want to 'hang out'?"

"Dinner?"

"Dinner."

A/N- Part 3?