Chapter 8

"Okay, fine!" Andi exclaimed, watching as Jessie made herself at home on her bed. "You caught me. I have powers. But I didn't do anything to get them. They just...appeared. So, not my fault. Also, the spells I did? I didn't even realize I was doing them. I was just singing along to a stupid song and then what I said, happened. Again, not my fault."

"And turning me into a racecar driver while trying to wipe my memory?" Jessie asked pointedly.

Andi paused. "Yeah, okay, that one was my fault," she admitted. "But you were threatening to tell everyone, you little twerp!"

"And I still am," Jessie said, placing her arms behind her head, leisurely. "It sure would be bad if something like this got out. I mean, what, with you going to WITS Academy soon and all? You know, Guardians aren't supposed to have powers, let alone misuse magic."

"Why you little..." Andi began, moving toward the girl who'd commandeered her bed. She didn't care how young she was. She was going to...turn her into weasel. No, a rat. Oooh, maybe a fly on a wall and then she could get a swatter and...

"I wouldn't do whatever you're thinking about doing," Jessie said, scrambling back onto the bed until she was perched on top of a pile of pillows with her back to the wall.

"And why's that?" Andi asked, seething.

"Because I have proof of what you did," Jessie said with a smile and took out her phone.

She pushed on a few buttons and then turned the cell around so that Andi could see the screen. As soon as she pressed play, the video started up, and Andi watched as the shaky camera filmed a street, then a lawn, and then panned up to a house. But not just any house. Andi's house. And before she could say anything, she watched as her house turned yellow, then pink, then copper. The colors kept changing, like those on a Christmas tree, and Andi stifled a gasp at what she'd done.

She hadn't just done magic in the confines of her own room. She'd performed a spell for all of her block to see! And with the popularity of viral videos, possibly for the whole world to see. It was irresponsible, unforgiveable—and worst of all—punishable.

"You can't tell anyone about this, Jessie. I mean it," Andi said, her voice shaking with fear.

"I won't," Jessie said, finally.

Andi breathed a sigh of relief. If Jessie hadn't agreed, Andi could've lost everything. Would have lost everything. And then everything she'd been working for over the past few years would've been over.

"I won't tell the Witches Council," Jessie repeated, this time not stopping there. "If you do everything I say."

________

Hey guys!

Brittany Geragotelis here, (AKA, Brittany the Book Slayer) and I'm the author of the popular Wattpad series LIFE'S A WITCH, as well as a few other titles exclusive to the site (SUDDENLY STARLET, FATE RELOADED, KISS & SELL, THE QUAD SQUAD and PAINLESS).

Anyway, as some of you may know, I got my start right here on Wattpad after penning a paranormal action book about a girl who was a direct-descendent of Bridget Bishop, the first woman killed in the Salem Witch Trials. The story was all about magic and crushes and girl power—all things that I can't seem to get enough of apparently, because...

...I've recently had the pleasure of working with some really cool peeps (you may have heard of them...Nickelodeon!!!) on a fan-fiction piece for the super-cute, super-fun and super awesome show, "Every Witch Way."

But why write fan-fiction about this show, of all shows, you might ask? Well, duh! Because "EWW" is also about magic, crushes and girl power—which makes it totally my thing! (Can you believe I get paid to do this?!?! I know, I can hardly believe it, either! My life is pretty magical, TBH.)

Trust me, they didn't have to ask me twice. I was in from the start.

So, here it is; my novella inspired by the incredible world of "Every Witch Way!" If you like what you read, please:

A) Check out the complete series, Every Witch Way, on nick.com now.

B) Tune in to the Every Witch Way spin-off, WITS Academy, premiering on October 5th at 7pm on Nickelodeon.

C) Head over to my profile page to read my other books or make a trip to your local bookstore to snag you own copy of the LIFE'S A WITCH series.

D) Tell your friends. Tell your parents. Tell the whole world!

I hope you like flipping the sWITCH...and that you have as magical a time reading it as I did writing it!

:)

Britt