Chapter 26

Kalila's P.O.V

  Ah, Ben and Jerry's ice cream. One of many amazing things this world has given us. How can someone not enjoy the deliciousness of the Ben and Jerry's? if someone has not tried it, I seriously feel bad for them.

  That thought replayed in my head as I stood in front of the blessed ice cream parlor.

  "What would you like miss?" the man behind the counter asked with a sweet smile. He looked around Shawn's age and he was pretty tall, but not taller than Mr. big bad alpha.

  "Hmm." I sang "I'll take the cherry Garcia please." I said with a smile. I'm a little bit too excited about getting Ben and Jerry's. I swear this stuff is literally sent from heaven.

  "And you sir?" The man asked.

  "Peanut butter cup." There was no emotion in his voice. not even a 'I'm so happy I'm on a date with the one and only kalila of my dreams' emotion. Hmmm I wonder why. (note sarcasm)

  The guy behind the counter scooped our dessert into waffle cones and he put chocolate sprinkles on mine and a certain someone narrowed his eyes.

  We- well he, payed for our ice cream and the guy behind the counter told Shawn to sign the recipt. He handed it to me afterwards and right once I grabbed it I was pulled away from the register.

  "Thank you!" I yelled back. "what's your problem?" I asked Shawn with a laugh.

  "Don't laugh! He was staring at you." he said with a huff and spooning in a bite of ice cream. that totaly adds to his furiousness.

  "Oh calm down, it's not like he has a chance." I say while mimicking his actions and huff and spoon in some ice cream.

  His face stays still for a moment and I can see he's trying not to laugh.

  "now, mr. big bad wolf can we please enjoy the deliciousness of Ben and Jerry's without you threatening to drag your claws against someone's skin please? okay thank you." I say and turn my back to him while walking to a bench and table.

  he murmurs something along the lines of "What happened to big bad Alpha?" and at that exact moment I burst into laughter and tears.

  "Not funny!" He yells to me.

  "Very funny Mr. big bad wolf!" I yell back

  "Alpha!" I try to run a bit away from him but he catches me by my waist. he burries his face in my neck and I can hear him laughing.

  "Shawn! put me down." I say while pulling my hand up to meet his hair.

  "Call me 'big bad alpha'." he said and pulled his head out of my neck and looked down at me. I moved my head closer to him and he did the same.

  He was thisclose to kissing me and his eyes were half way closed and I felt his grip of my waist loosen up and i took my chance and whispered, "big. bad... wolf." and I pulled away and ran to the table and planting my butt on the seat.

I turned around and saw Shawns face. His mouth was wide open and he pulled his index finger to right under his eye and dragged it down mimicking a tear.

  "close your mouth honey, you'll catch flies." and I turned my head back around and licked my ice cream.

  I heard his footsteps comming down the sidewalk and I was just innocently eating and acting like the sweat little angel that I am.

  "You're the devil in a beautiful costume, its not halloween yet my love" he said when he finally got to me. He sat down on the opposite side of the bench and licked his ice cream, momentarily covering his tounge with a dark chocolate color.