Hermione

Hermione's POV

I had spent all last night with Ron in the room of requirements, as I always do since I've been rehoused. I like Ravenclaw but I loved my family in Gryffindor and miss them more than I care too express. Last night was different, Ron usually complained about harry being put in Slytherin but yesterday he started blaming Harry, as if it was his fault.

"I still can't believe it, Harry in Slytherin, it disgusting. The way he was clinging to Malfoy at breakfast, staring at each other, disgusting. Bet ferrets loving it all, how could Harry do this to us!" He'd spat absurdities such as this all night, I tried to calm him down and make him see reason, I really did. I don't blame Harry, he my best friend and I'm distraught this, all of this, had happened to us but there must be a reason for it all right?

Ron didn't seem to agree and continued to blame Snape, Malfoy and...Harry.

"Ron, please just speak to Harry, you'll see it's not his fault, he doesn't want this anymore than we do. I promise" after a long excruciatingly tedious time, he finally agreed to speak to him after potions.

As soon as we got to breakfast though I could tell it wasn't going to go well. Ron had stared so hard at harry that he had burst in to tears and had to leave, much to Ron's annoyance, with Malfoy. I could feel the anger radiating of him so I knew it wouldn't go well. I was right.

I had chosen to sit in the corner, on my own, in charms, so I had a clear view of the door, the Slytherin side of the room and a seat next to so Harry could sit there if he chose to. He didn't.

Harry was about 15 minutes late, red faced and appeared to be holding back tears. He immediately took a seat next to Malfoy without hesitation. Ron is wrong about many things but he was right about one thing for sure. They had suddenly become very close. I watched as he looked around the room realising slowly I was sat in the corner, he stared sadly at me and I felt complied to give my best friends a small, sad smile in return.

Harry's POV

"I think I should speak to 'mione Draco?" I asked. I needed to know if it was Slytherin kind of thing to do.

"Sure Harry, do what you've got to do, but not yet, the end of the lesson yeah?" I nodded eyeing the Slytherins loathsomely, why do they have to be judging bastard. I just want to talk to my best friend.

"Oy Draco, quidditch practise tonight, you coming or not?" I heard Blaise Zabini. It was the first time he had spoken to Draco since they had emerged from the potions cupboard and he still looked pretty pissed at whatever had happened.

"Of course, I'm the seeker aren't I, I'll fucking be there" Draco spat earning a annoyed look from Zabini.

"Now this I have to see" I smirked at Draco, who looked over at me confused. He crossed his arms and said "What?"

"Slytherins training, Gryffindor has managed to win all the games against you so far so I can only imagine how awful you training sessions are.' I joked teasing him as much as I could.

"Yeah except for that time when famous Harry Potters beautiful, talented ass came tumbling out of sky because a tiny dementor scared him." He laughed brushing of my insult, which I honoured him for. This must be the first time he hasn't let an insult get to him.

I knew he was joking about it but I couldn't help replying "My god Draco, did you just call me beautiful? Stop flirting with me man" I giggled a laugh that was way to girly for a guy and poked him in the ribs. He smirked but didn't deny flirting with me...interesting.

"Well if your so clever then potter, why don't you show us all how its done?" he waggled his eyebrows at me poking me back.

"I'd love to but you need to careful, you might just lose you place as seeker."