Chapter 16

Taehyung's POV

"Ah, finally!" I breathed out as I spotted a glimpse of colorful camping tents ahead of us, just a few metres away.

"T-Taehyung?" Irene's voice suddenly popped up from behind.

"Yeah?"

"You can just put me down," she said. "I can walk from here."

Yep, you're right. I'm still piggybacking her.

I shook my head lightly. "No, you can't walk. You'll get hurt."

"I'm okay!" Irene exclaimed. "I really am."

"No, baeㅡ"

Irene suddenly pinched the back of my neck, making me squeal loudly like a trapped mice. Oh my God, this is embarassing.

"What was that for?!"

"I don't know," she said in a casual tone. "Just think by yourself."

"Ah, you thought I called you bae," I smirked, trying to hold down my laughter. "Right?"

"No!"

Irene then punched my shoulder lightly, and she kept on doing it until we finally reached our tent. I can't help it but laughed as we walked.

I kneeled down on the grass and let go of her legs. She climbed off from my back then sat on the ground. I stood up, inhaling the fresh cold air around me as I closed my eyes. It feels good to be out of the busy city for a while.

"Ow!" Irene suddenly hissed in pain.

My eyes fluttered open quickly and I kneeled down again next to her.

"Irene?" I asked worriedly. "Are you okay?"

She smiled weakly and said, "I-I'm fine. My leg just stings a bit, that's all."

"Wait, let me check."

Irene nodded then stretched out her right leg a bit more so I could take a look. As I examined it, I noticed a deep long red cut on the back of her leg.

How did she even got that wound?

"Yah," I frowned, pointing at the cut. "How did you get this?"

She looked at me quizzically, then bent down to touch her wound.

"O-oh my God," she winced in pain as she touched it. "It h-hurts so bad."

"Wait here, I'm going to take some medicine."

Irene gave me a slight nod and I ran off to the teachers' tent near the pond quickly. I stopped running when I reached their desk, panting heavily.

"Mr Kim?" One of the teachers, Mrs San, asked. "Why are you running like that?"

"My friend got wounded," I told her. "I need some medicine and bandages. Do you have them, Mrs San?"

The teacher nodded then walked to the desk at the back. She grabbed a white box and handed it to me.

"Here you go," she smiled. "Please return it back after using them."

"Thank you." I breathed out then dashed off to my camping tent again.

I quickly kneeled down and sat on the grass next to Irene while fumbling open the box. I grabbed a bottle of Betadine and twisted open the cap. I added a few drops of the medicine on a white cotton then rubbed it gently on her deep cut.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, looking up to meet her gaze.

"Y-yeah," she whimpered then smiled weakly. "But it's okay. I can hold it."