"Our first priority is to merely observe," Geoffrey answered. "We would only intervene if it was absolutely necessary. If you were not a risk, we would have simply watched you until you came into contact with your kind and received some sort of induction into their culture. If you were a risk, we would have found a way to either turn you over to the nearest pride for local justice, or we would have brought you in for a trial and, hopefully, some rehabilitation. But you were not a neophyte feline, were you?" he mused with a smile.

"No - though I was convinced that I was a cat for a while," she replied.

"So were we," Jocelyn admitted. "When Adam got a lock on your scent mixed with another cat's, we were fairly sure that he had turned you even though he did not actually get to see you in cat form. You see, pride cats have their own unique, individual scents, whereas neophyte cats always carry the scent of the cat that turned them mingled with theirs. So it was logical to conclude that you were not born a were-cat. But then when he finally tracked you down and saw you touch the wolf, he didn't know what to think. That is why the team started to investigate you more aggressively in order to try and figure you out. It was only when we found this," Jocelyn pulled a small, well-worn notebook from her desk drawer and placed it in full view on the table top," that we began to understand. I must apologize for taking it from you, but we had to be sure," she told Sierra as she pushed it across the desk in offering.

Sierra snatched her journal up and hugged it to her chest instinctively, cringing inwardly at all the private thoughts that had been exposed through it.

"You must understand - your kind is the rarest of them all. Some even doubt your existence," Jocelyn explained, her gaze sympathetic. "That you have chosen to come to us is a great honour."

Sierra could tell that Jocelyn was genuinely thrilled to have her sitting there in front of her, contemplating joining her agency. She quickly began to feel uncomfortable with the way that both she and Geoffrey were now looking at her. In fact, she was starting to get just a little irritated with the weird ways that people kept responding to the fact that she was a skin walker. It was beginning to make her feel like an outcast when she'd never wanted more to just fit in.

"Well I doubt that Adam would share that sentiment," she joked feebly, "and I really am very sorry for what I did earlier in the rec room. In all honesty, Madame Sauveterre..."

"Jocelyn, please..."

"...Jocelyn, I came here looking for answers. I need help. I don't know how my particular skill set can be an asset to you, but I'd be more than happy to join you if you can help me to understand it better. Your cause sounds like something I could support - as long as you don't expect me to kill anyone personally..." Sierra mused belatedly.

Geoffrey grinned. "Of course we cannot force any team members to do that. Besides, we tend to look for political solutions nowadays rather than deal the death penalty. However, you will be expected to train for any and all possibilities. Our world is a very physical one - whether you're in human or animal form, it pays to be prepared. All team members train regularly."

"Train?" Devon prodded.

"Physical and mental preparation is necessary to ensure that team members are not a liability in the field," Geoffrey explained. "Some of the groups we encounter have trained fighters. Others are just really tough and hard to beat. It helps to be ready for anything."

"So you guys are like the Navy SEALS of the were-world? Awesome! I'm in," Devon quipped, though his enthusiasm was genuine.

Geoffrey grinned at him, the hint of a secret shining behind his eyes. "You may feel different after your first day of training under Kalko," he warned.