"Are you sure you'll be ready Dean?" Sam asked. He held a cup of coffee in his hand as he looked at Dean with concern. "What if the change back alters your ability to fight? Wouldn't it be better to stay in this body since you're used to it now?" It might affect your fighting skills and make things harder on you."

Dean shakes his head in denial. "Can't do that Sammy," he stated with finality. "When I face those winged bastard I want to them to see me, not this fuckin' imitation of who I am."

"Dude, when angel's look at you, they see your soul, not your face," Sam protested. "It's not like they're going to think of you any different because you in this body instead."

"Yeah, they will Sam," Dean retorted. "This body is what bought Lilly Grace into the world. If I hadn't gotten stuck like this, she wouldn't be here."

"Are you really this concerned about what they're going to think of you?" Sam asked with a bitter scoff. "You'd be willing to risk making yourself weaker just so you can what? Prove yourself? Make them forget that being a girl is what started this?"

Dean bawled his hands into fists and glared at his brother. Sam just wasn't getting it, and Dean was reaching his last nerve with his brother. "Listen," Dean snapped, "There is a pretty damn good possibility that we're all gonna end up six feet under after this little stunt. When I die, I wanna be in my own fuckin' body, even if it's only for a few days."

The silence in the room was almost palpable when Dean finished talking. Sam had dropped his eyes and was now looking at the floor. No one said a word as what Dean said began to sink in. Dean hated being stuck in this body, and he sure as hell didn't want this body to be the one he was buried in. The others couldn't possibly understand how hard something like this was to get used to. Dean never wanted to be stuck in someone else's body, and he doubted that he could ever fully adjust to the change.

As an afterthought, Dean attempted to lighten the mood in the room by adding, "And I mean come on Sammy, S'not like I forget how to fight in my own body. If I could adjust to puberty induced growths spurts, I'm sure I'll be fine once I'm tossed back into my own skin."

Sam still kept his eyes downcast, looking less than convinced, but he didn't say anything else. His brows were furrowed with uncertainty and concern. Dean could practically hear the gears working in Sam's head, trying to come up with a better alternative

Then, Castiel spoke up from his seat beside Sam. "I have to agree with Dean on this one, Sam," Cas said with a grim set to his lip, shoulders tense and distressed.

In unison, both Sam and Dean exclaimed, "You do?" Sam had finally looked up, glancing first at Castiel, then over to Dean. In a split second, a silent conversation passed between them, wondering what could possibly be going through Castiel's infinite mind.

"Yes, I do," Castiel confirmed. "I truly believe that he will fight better once his vessel is returned to its proper state. Not only will he be back in his own skin, but it will also boost his moral and make him more optimistic."

"Hey," Dean interjected. "I'm right here ya know. I don't need someone to psychoanalyze me."

Cas merely shot Dean an unamused look and continued to talk. "I'm sure we are all ready to put this mess behind us, and this is the first step towards resolving things. There will be risks, but we will make do."

"Yeah, but what something goes wrong when we change him back," Sam protested with a huff.

"That's just a risk we have to take," Cas replied. He wasn't looking at any of them, his eyes trained on a spot just over Sam's shoulder.

"Are the witch girls even still willing to cure Dean?" Sam asked with skepticism.

"Well, if they ever want to get out of the little prison I locked them in they will," Gabriel interjected, waggling his eyebrows at Sam.