Chapter 18 - [Beauty and the Cheek Kiss]

Start from the beginning

------------

Within the next couple days I was back at school. I was kind of disappointed with the fact that I had to go back, but not for the expected reason.

     As much as I hated to admit it... going back to school meant spending less time with Atem. And I was starting to really enjoy my time with him.

     But anyways, it couldn't be helped.

     As a strong, independent and intelligent woman, I knew that my education came before boys.

     Oh, and remember that boy that I bumped into on Christmas Eve? The one that looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on who he really was? Well, I figured it out.
He was a student at my school. And he was actually in one of my classes this semester.

     I must have seen him walking around here and there which was why I recognized him.

     Surprisingly enough, during the first tutorial for the class, he sat right next to me it was kinda weird.

     I ended up having to be partners with him for this project we had to do for the class.

     But there wasn't exactly a problem with that. His name was Julian and he seemed like a cool guy. He even has an accent... though I will admit I had no idea what accent it was.

     Now, aside from school, that Winter Formal was coming up. It was on the first Friday of the school semester so it came quickly.

     Since Ro bought tickets for Atem too, I needed to make sure he had something to wear. Unfortunately we were expected to wear pretty formal clothes. So my options were either to buy him something or borrow from a friend.

     So I asked Blake.

     Blake and Atem were practically the same size and Blake was cool, so he had no problem lending me a pair of dress pants and a fancy red shirt.

     I wore an orange knee length dress that I bought years ago but also wore dark pantyhose underneath cause it was freezing outside. I did my hair and my makeup and we were ready by five-thirty.

     Alec was going to drive us, though it wasn't very far at all, so he picked us up and we were off.

     The formal itself didn't seem as exciting as I hoped it would be. It was pretty much like prom with pretty decorations, a small show and then food and dancing.

     And as soon as the music started blasting, I saw a distressed look on Atem's face. He hated really loud places. And this was loud, the music boomed so loudly that we'd feel it in our bones.

     But Ro didn't waste a second. She grabbed my arm and dragged me into the dance floor without a single hesitation.

     Thankfully, Alec wasn't too fond of clubbing kind of dancing, so he kept Atem company at our table.

     I was a lot like Alec in the sense that I wasn't particularly fond of clubbing style dancing. But I had to admit, dancing with Ro and her silliness was always fun.

     And after dancing for some time, we decided to take a break, and while we walked to our table I noticed that Alec was gone and Sunny had taken his spot.

     I didn't even know Sunny was going to be at Winter Formal, though I should have expected it. So it was a pleasant surprise until I realized she was probably flirting with Atem.