Chapter 3 - [Beauty and the Possibly Bad Decision]

I held my hands up and began breathing as slowly as I possibly could in this situation. "Please... put that away..." I begged. "Please."

     The man stared at me with those scary eyes. "Who are you?" He growled.

     "Me?" I hesitated. "I'm... May. My name is May." I realized that I had to be nice. If I said something stupid, this guy could kill me.

     The man looked around right then. He looked everywhere, all around him and even above and below him. "Where am I?" He asked when he looked back at me.

     "You're in Oakville. Downtown." Cooperate. I told myself, that way you won't get killed.

     "Where?" He hissed.

     "Oakville." I repeated, trying to remain calm. "A-are you lost?"

     His sword pulled away, just a little.

     I let out a sigh in relief, and then my eyes fell on Dom, who had a bloody nose and was staring in shock.

     Some Knight in Shining Armor he turned out to be.

     I looked back at the man. "I... I can try and help you. But you need to put the weapon away."

     He kept his eyes on me and then I saw him quickly examine my entire body. Of course, I felt uncomfortable, but I didn't do anything.

     Maybe he was checking to see if I had any weapons of my own.

     And finally, he lowered the sword.

     I then stepped past him and stood between him and Dom, knowing that Dom may have been preparing to do something stupid, like attack the crazy guy with the sword. "Okay." I said, taking deep breaths. "Can you put the sword away?"

     The man narrowed his eyes, but when I saw his eyes flicker towards Dom, I realized that he must have found Dom a threat.

     "Go, Dom." I said.

     "What?"

     "Get out of here. This guy doesn't like you."

     "And leave you here alone?"

     I found it stupid that he wanted to pretend that he needed to, or could for that matter, protect me. "I can handle this!" I said, raising my voice. It was a lie though. I didn't know if I could handle this or not. But here I was, being the hero of the night even after all that happened. "Just go!"

     Dom hesitated for just another moment, but then left as fast as he could.

     "Okay." I said to the man. "Now, put away your weapon."

     He watched me for another moment before he returned his sword to its sheathe that was attached to the belt he was wearing.

     When the weapon was finally gone, I sighed in relief and took the moment to really look at this guy.

     And god... did I think I was going crazy.

     This guy was totally drunk.

     I mean, he had to be.

     He was wearing a skirt, for crying out loud.

     And... all that jewelry and the eye makeup...

     Then I finally realized it... he was dressed as an Egyptian Pharaoh... massive crown and all.

     He had skin that was the colour of copper and dark, dark, dark eyes. The only facial hair he had was a beard that was lined up on his prominent jawbone, but grew long down his chin.