Chapter 3

Toby’s POV

“Dammit, Riley why do you always do this to me just because I’m the youngest!” I yelled him.

            “One word,” he said, “Caroline.”

“That was three years ago! You need to learn to grow up a little.” I told him turning my attention back over to Avery, “Hey, Ave, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.  I’m actually a little more worried about you Mr. Screams-Like-A-Girl” she said with a laugh. 

“Go away Riley, because I’d like for us to finish our date ALONE if that’s ok with you.” I told him.

“Fine, but we need to have a little chat when we get home.” He said and stalked away clearly still mad. 

“Ugh, sometimes I really wish I was an only child.” I told her

“Trust me,” she told me hugging me from behind to comfort me, “it’s not as fun as it seems.  You never had anyone to play with when you were little, you have nobody to tell your secrets to.  You know, those ones your mom just can’t know.”

“I know,” I told her because I did understand.  All those water fights when we were little, and for crying out loud, Mom didn’t even know about Avery for like two months.  Riley was the first and only person who knew. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” she told me, “now let’s finish this date both happy.” And she jumped on my back and I started running. 

I had an awesome idea, hopefully she would find it as hilarious as I would.  I ran out on the park dock and told her, “Kiss me now or you go in!”

She kissed my cheek, “Happy, King Toby?” I let her down and gave her a proper kiss wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her close to me. 

Avery’s POV

Ok, I love Toby’s brothers so much.  I’m really close to them because I’m like an only child and stuff, so I do consider them like older brothers to me.  It just really annoys me when they decide to invade Toby and my dates especially this one. I really felt bad because I could tell Toby was really nervous about it, and I don’t blame him it was our six month anniversary.  I really wanted to lighten the mood because Toby was still really upset, so I jumped on his back.  I wasn’t really thinking but whatever he started laughing.  We both kicked off our shoes and left them by the tree.

He carried me over to the little dock that everyone fishes off of and said, “Kiss me now or you go in!” So being the cheeky girl I am, and knowing that he wouldn’t actually throw me in the water, I only kissed his cheek.  He set me down and pulled me into him.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. I had another genius idea, it was so good I started laughing into the kiss. 

“What’s so funny?” he asked me.

“This,” I told him and pushed him into the water. 

“Oh, you think you are just so funny don’t you?” he said. “Here, can you help me out?”

“Sure,” I told him.  I reached out my hand, and as I expected, he pulled me into the water too.  “Wow, Toby, I wasn’t expecting that at all,” I said sarcastically. 

“Oh, come here.” He told me, and he pulled me into a kiss.  We spent the rest of the night swimming around the lake, racing each other to the other docks, sneaking in the occasional kiss until one of the neighbors came out onto their dock.

“Who’s out there?” they yelled.

“Quick, follow me.” Toby told me grabbing my hand and pulling me behind some bushes. 

“You all need to get home, dang teenagers.” He called out again.

            After he left, Toby turned to me and said, “We should really get home.”

            “Ok,” I told him.  We got out of the water and grabbed our shoes and headed home.  “This was so much fun tonight, Toby, thank you.” We walked all the way back to his house to drop something off before he walked me down the street back home. When we got to his porch, he pulled me in for one of those cliché kisses.

 I know usually we aren’t one for those cliché moments, but this out I liked until I heard the door open and Ms. Joan yell, “TOBY JAMES MCDONOUGH GET INSIDE THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW WE NEED TO HAVE A TALK.”

“If I die tonight I want you to know that I love you.  I really truly do.” He told me, then whispered in my ear, “I’ll text you later.”

“Riley, walk Avery home please, so nothing happens to her.  I mean these days I need to make sure she doesn’t get raped walking around the block to her own house for Pete’s sake.” Ms. Joan said.

“Yes, Mom,” Riley said a little too innocently.  He smirked at Toby as he walked out of the house.  We started walking down the sidewalk in silence when Riley spoke up, “I’m sorry about earlier, I just like to look after my brother.  It hurts to see him growing up so fast.”

“It’s ok.” I told him.  We stopped walking and turned to face each other under a light post. 

“I really am sorry, could you ever forgive me?” he asked, and before I could answer, he moved in.

**********************************************

A/N

So here is chapter three! Sorry it took so long, I am getting super busy with school with finals coming up and stuff, plus our spring musical, little mermaid is coming up so soon we will be having four hour rehearsals after school every day until opening night so wish me luck!  I really do like to hear feedback from you guys, good or bad.  But I DO NOT WANT HATE. I would love to hear constructive criticism, but please no hate down in the comments! I will get the next chapter up ASAP and I hope you like it!

Love, Katelyn