Chapter 2 - Heartbroken

Phil's POV

I didn't know how to respond. That guy's his boyfriend... You blew it, Phil. You took too long to tell him you liked ... or maybe even loved him and now he's happily dating this Lucas guy...

"Phil?" Dan's voice interrupted my heartbreaking thoughts. Although, hearing his voice was twice as heartbreaking.

"I'm very happy for you two." I quietly said, storming out of the room and into my own.

Dan's POV

"Phil!" I yelled towards my best friend as he disappeared into his bedroom. "I'm sorry, Lucas. I'm not sure why he did that..."

"Oh, well it's okay." Lucas said in a monotonous voice.

"Do you mind if I check on him?"

"Of course I don't mind." Lucas nodded.

"You can sit down if you'd like." I ran towards Phil's door and attempted to open it only to find that it had been locked. "Phil!" I knocked hard on the door.

It slowly opened and Phil's teary face came into show. It seemed he was trying to hide the tears with his long hair, but it wasn't doing him justice.

"Phil..." I said, definitely sounding heartbroken. "Are you okay? What just happened?"

Phil hung his head down even further. "What were you going to say earlier before Lucas came?" I asked him, trying to change the subject and make him feel better.

"It's nothing. It doesn't really matter anymore." I saw a tear drop from Phil's chin to the floor.

Phil's POV

If that was his lame attempt to make me feel better, he failed horrendously... 

I felt Dan's hands on my shoulder and I looked up at him. My eyes were probably blood red and my face was probably super puffy from all the crying, but I didn't care anymore. "Phil, please tell me." Dan said, looking straight into my eyes. I trailed my eyes to the floor so I wouldn't have to look into his anymore. I pulled back from the grip and walked backwards and onto my bed. When I realized that Dan was following me, I half yelled at him. "Get out!"

I saw Dan's eyes fill with tears. I felt so guilty. I made the boy I loved cry. "Dan, I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell--" But before I could finish apologizing, Dan had already turned around, walked out, and softly closed the door. 

Lucas' POV

I saw Dan walking towards me and I stood up from the couch.

"Everything alright?"

Dan shook his head. "Not really. Phil needs to be alone though..."

"Well maybe we could go out and have a bit of fun while he wants to be alone." I smiled and winked at Dan.

Dan sighed and nodded his head as to say okay. "Awesome," I grinned. I grabbed Dan's hand and led him to the door. We both slipped our coats on and walked out the door.

Phil's POV

Lucas left already? I thought to myself. I got up and walked out my door to find the house completely empty. The both left... He probably hates me now... Maybe Dan could hate me after all... I did scream at him like a jerk. It's all my fault.

Dan's POV

Lucas took me to the bar where we met and we both ordered drinks. "Won't we need a driver to get home?" I asked.

"Don't worry about the future. I'll be sure to get us home safely." Lucas gave a reassuring nod.

I smiled a little and nodded.

I drinks came and we sat in the corner of the bar. We gulped down all of our drinks quickly.

It didn't take long to feel a little tipsy. I liked it though... I had no worries. My mind was just full of happy things... And how attractive Lucas looks... I got up and walked over to Lucas' chair, almost falling in the process. I sat on his lap and we eventually started to make out like we had no cares in the world.

"Whaddya say we go to mah place?" Lucas said in a drunk-guy voice.

I couldn't resist. "Call the taxi." I said in a sexy sort of tone.

Lucas laughed. We went outside and after about five minutes, we got a taxi to pull over and give us a ride. We left Lucas' car at the bar, which maybe was the best decision, but it was definitely the safest.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I wasn't in my own bed... When I looked over I saw Lucas lying next to me completely naked... Oh crap... I don't remember much of anything after I left the house last night. Well, I guess I know I did it with Lucas.

Suddenly my thoughts went straight to Phil. The last time I talked to him he was crying and really upset with me.

"Lucas... Wake up." I shook his shoulder.

"Oh well hey there, sexy." He said in a sleepy voice.

I smiled, "I've got to go home."

"Already? I was thinking about a second round."

"Sorry, I've got a horrible headache and I've got to check on Phil."

Lucas sighed and said, "I'm sure he's fine..."

"Sorry." I repeated and got out of bed and put my clothes from yesterday back on.

"Well... I guess bye then. I'll see you soon."

I nodded and walked out the door. I called a taxi and got home in about ten minutes. It was only 7 in the morning.

Phil's POV

I heard the door slam shut. Dan's home! For once, I actually felt excited.

I ran out of my room and towards the front door where I saw Dan taking off his coat. I ran at him and tackled him with a hug. He didn't even have enough time to get his coat fully off. Dan hugged back even tighter and I smiled.

"I thought you hated me... I didn't think you were coming back for a while." I said quickly while still squeezing him.

"Are you kidding me? I'd never leave you. You're the most important person to me."

I felt butterflies in my stomach. "What about Lucas?"

"Well, of course he's important to me too, but you're my best friend of who knows how long." He smiled and pulled away from the hug.

"Wanna play some video games?" I asked.

"You're on!"

Lucas' POV

I was still laying in bed thinking about the night before. Geez, Dan's hot. We've got to do that again soon. Stupid Phil has to be a baby about everything and ruin it... He's probably in love with Dan.. Well too bad because he's mine. Phil can just suck it up and realize that Dan loves me more... Now that I think about it, Phil's pretty fit himself. I'd definitely invite him over one night... I really need to do that. I only date Dan to have a little action in my life again... And he's so sexy... But so is Phil. Oh well, I could just have both of them. No one could resist me. I'm hotter than both of them combined.