Chris X Reader

Trigger warning: swearing

"(Y/N)!" I heard him call out, desperately looking for me, wanting me to be ok.

I wish I could respond. I wish I could jump into his arms. But it was to late for me. I knew I loved him, and I wish I could have told him before now. I was a fool.

I laid on the ground as the life was being drained from my body, the crimson substance pouring out of me, making a large pool of the dark red blood. It was the weindigo. It did this to me. Digging it's claws into my side, making a deep cut.

I didn't want it to be the end. But if it was for Chris, anything. Just moments before, I ran through the mine that we were trapped in, getting the creatures attention, distracting it from Chris. I didn't make it far, only outside of the lodge.

I told him not to follow me out, I know it would get me, and I know I was a worthy sacrifice. Yet, like the fool he always is, he chased me out.

"(Y/N)! Please...wer..were are you.." I heard the whimper in his voice. I knew he had tears in his eyes, as well as I did.

I focused on his voice to distract me from the fear I was feeling. I wanted to scream, yet nothing would come out of my mouth. The creature, thinking I was dead, was now coming towards me.

That's when he saw me. I looked into his eyes, seeing total fear and pure pain. Not physical, but mental pain, seeing me like that. I tried to mouth run, but I couldn't form words.

I was conscious, yet I had no control of my body. The pain was excruciating. 

With the small movements of my mouth and the flickering of my eyes, he could tell I was still alive. And with that information, he made a stupid move that I wish he didn't make.

"Hey! Get over here bastard!" He yelled, waving his arms around.

That was enough for me. Now I had to do something. I had to get up. There was no point in wasting two lives. I forced myself to make a sound.

"He..hey. Ge..tt awa.. away fro.. from hinmm.." My voice so horse and weak, my had shaking as I slightly pulled it from the ground.

It came back to me, lifting me up, forcefully throwing me into a tree, deepening my wound. Chris yelled, while tears streamed down his cheeks.

"St..ay still." I managed to get out of my mouth.

He followed my orders and the creature eventually went away. Once it was gone, he ran to me.

"(Y/N)...please stay with me."

"I... I'm sor..sorry." I quietly replied in my raspy voice. I knew I was nearing the end.

"No, it's my fault. Why did you save me? Why?" His tears were much more excessive now.

~Wildest Dreams~
My one condition is
Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset babe
Red lips and rosey cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your Wildest dreams ahhh ah ahhhhh
Wildest dreams ahhh ah ahh

"I...I lo..ve you Chris." Were my last words.

My one request  is
Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset babe
Red lips and rosey cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's in your Wildest dreams ahhh ah ahhhhh

Before shutting my eyes, I felts his soft lips against mine, in my opinion, the best way to leave this world.

Someday when I leave you
Don't let these memories
Follow you around
..follow you around..

~third person view~

And there Chris was, holding his girlfriend, his best friend, his everything, dead in his arms.

"Please...no please come back to me..." He laid there crying his eyes out, rocking her back and forth.

"I can't...I won't leave you here alone." He continued to talk to her lifeless body.

He carried her blood-soaked body into the cabin, still refusing to leave her. He placed her on the couch, and held her in his arms, crying himself to sleep, still holding her.

~1 Year later~

There Chris was, in the nicest outfit he had, standing by his bedside. He gazed at the picture on his nightstand, seeing him and his long lost friend and sorta girlfriend, but she lives in his heart everyday.

He took a breath, straightened his tie, picked up the picture and said "I'll never forget, you'll always be in my heart. I'm not forgetting you, or pushing you aside, I promise. It's just a date. You'll always be my number one."

This was his first date since the mountain. He felt like he was betraying her, maybe he should call it off? No, he knew that she wouldn't want this for him. She would want him to move on.
And he did, he found someone else, but he always carried a picture of the pair, in his wallet, by his bed, and as his phone background. He will never forget her no matter if it's 50 or 100 years from now.

"I...I lo..ve you Chris."

He heard her last words echo through his head.

"I love you too (Y/N), forever." He whispered before walking out of the door.

Hope you liked it @AsianGamersRule 😘