Memories and Happy Endings

Start from the beginning

Camila was taking a stroll along the beach, letting her hair fly. The way she always did when she had an argument with her mom. She kept looking to the ground and didn't notice the fast approaching skateboard. She stumbled after making contact with the person and almost fell if the owner of the skateboard hadn't had good reflexes. "I am so sorry! I didn't even see you," Camila looked up at the huskiness of the familiar voice and gasped. "It's you..." The girl laughed. "Oh wow, hi! what a coincidence," she said. Camila nodded. "You live here?" she asked. "No, visiting my friend Dinah actually," Lauren replied. "You?" Camila nodded and went on to explain how her parents had gotten a raise at work and decided to move without warning her before hand. "That explains why you were never at the diner anymore, whenever I went there." Camila blushed and nodded sheepishly.

The two hung out for days on end after that. They spent a good two weeks all together; Camila met Lauren's friend, Dinah, and they all became friends. They were enjoying the time together but soon Lauren had to leave back to Miami. Camila drove her to the airport and it was a bittersweet memory for the two of them.

"This is it.." Camila muttered sadly. "Yeah," Lauren agreed. They walked, hand in hand, to the gate where Lauren was supposed to get on her plane. "Well I can't go any further so I'll just leave now. It was really good seeing you again. You have my number so whenever you're back in town we should hang out." She said quickly, not making eye contact in case Lauren noticed how sad she really was. Camila was a good distance away when she heard running. She turned around and saw a flash of green eyes before Lauren crashed into her, hugging her. "I'm going to miss you so much," she whispered. Camila started crying and nodding her head. Without making eye contact, Lauren kissed Camila's cheek and lingered there for a bit before turning back around and walking through the gate.

For the next few months after that, Lauren and Camila shared letter after letter, all of which were in this box. She couldn't stop her tears anymore. Lauren had kept all of this! She kept looking through it and found one of the letters she had received from Lauren; her favorite.

Today I was at the park with Normani and we saw these two puppies and they reminded me of you. Wait. In the sense that they were so cute! They had the most adorable pout and they were so small and had beautiful brown eyes likes yours. I was enamored!

Dinah told me you two went to the beach today and you told her about the day we met there after you moved. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, I literally fell right into you! And the weeks after were the best of my life. I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm not sure how you feel but I think there's something that I need to tell you.

That day when I left California and we hugged at the airport, I wanted to kiss you so badly. I was falling so hard for you but I wasn't sure how you felt. I wasn't even sure if you liked girls in that sense, so I kissed your cheek and left. Pretty sure I cried on the whole flight too!

Anyway - the thing I wanted to tell you is that I think I'm crazy in love with you. You're probably thinking that I'm crazy and maybe I am, who knows. What I do know is that I wake up everyday and look at my lockscreen (that picture we took at the beach before I left) and I die a little inside knowing that I won't get to hear your adorable giggle or breathe in your scent or get lost in your eyes. I go to sleep wondering what you're doing and if you've thought about me that day. I know it sounds silly because we literally spent like two weeks together - we didn't even know each other's names before that, but I can assure you Camila, it's all I needed to fall in love with you...

I don't know how else you want me to explain it to you. My day starts and ends with you. You're the sun to my moon and I hope this letter reaches you and that you don't think I'm some weird romantic loser who you'd rather be friends with. That's ok with me too.

I don't know how you feel about me because you'd never even hinted at liking girls. But I hope to one day share my life with you. I hope to marry you one day and have a wonderful house and eat breakfast together before heading off to work and maybe, just maybe, we can start a family. Who knows. I love you.

I'm buying a plane ticket as we speak (well, write) and I'm on my way to you. Whether it's to find you waiting for me at the airport with a smile on your face ready to tell me that you love me too or whether you're there with Dinah and not even mention this letter, either way is fine by me. I just need to see you. And Camila...even if you don't like me the way I like you, I will kiss you when I see you. I don't care who's with you or where we are. I need to kiss you, I need to show you that I care so deeply for you and maybe you'll realize that you like me too.

Camila didn't have time to read the other letters, she heard the door opening and turned her head abruptly. "Camz?" Lauren shouted. "In here!" Camila started putting everything back in the box before Lauren saw her but she wasn't quick enough.

"Camila? No! Baby I hate it when you snoop!" she said loudly. "I wasn't snooping!" Camila defended, "I was cleaning and I just found it. It's so cute Lauren, why didn't you ever tell me you had this?" Camila was about to go through it again but Lauren quickly picked up the box and put it behind her back. "What are you hiding in that box Lauren?" She wondered.

"Nothing ok?! Please go get dressed, I got a call from doctor Mitchell and she said the appointment needed to be moved earlier. Go go go!" she rushed her girlfriend. Camila laughed but went to the bedroom nevertheless.

Lauren made sure Camila had left the room before placing the box on the table and removing a fake side, revealing a smaller black velvet square box. She smiled and placed the box inside her coat pocket, replacing the fake side back and putting the box back in the cabinet.

=========

"There's your baby's heartbeat," the doctor gushed at the two girls who had tears in their eyes. "Camz, look, that's your baby!" Camila looked from the screen to her girlfriend's face. "It's our baby," she whispered.

The doctor smiled and gave the girls some privacy.

========

It had been two months and the couple were happier than ever. They were getting ready to host a dinner party for their friends. Normani had moved to California after she got fired from her job, she started working with Lauren at the recording studio and rented her own place. It all worked out, her and Dinah later became an official couple and Lauren couldn't be happier with her two friends. Camila's friend Ally was also flying out to California to stay for a few weeks.

The pregnant girl came down the stairs in a swirly white summer dress, eliciting a 'wow' from her girlfriend. She smiled and went to the kitchen.

The couple were setting the table when there was a knock on the door. Camila smiled and made her way towards it, opening it and seeing her friend Ally with her husband Troy and their little boy Cody. "Hi, I missed you," Camila greeted. They all hugged and walked inside.

After everybody was there, they sat at the table, waiting for the food. They were all catching up on what had been happening. Camila was in the kitchen while Lauren was entertaining everyone. "Gahhh, I can't believe you guys are having a baby!" Dinah shouted, "gosh I still remember driving Camila home from the airport when you left, Lauren." The green eyed look up at Camila who was arriving with a large dish of roasted beef inside. They smiled at each other, but Camila's smile quickly faltered. Lauren didn't have time to wonder why when she saw Camila drop the dish; the food falling on the floor.

Everybody turned to the sound. Camila was just standing there, wide eyes, breathing heavily. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion for Lauren. She didn't know what was going on. She saw Camila very slowly lower her eyes to the floor. "Lauren, she's bleeding."

That's when Lauren noticed that Camila wasn't looking at the floor, she was looking at her dress. It was getting covered in blood around the crotch area. Lauren paled and froze.

She saw her girlfriend lean forward and took action. She jumped from her seat and ran to Camila before the smaller girl could hit the ground. She caught her just in time before Camila closed her brown eyes. "Baby..? Camila wake up baby, wake up Camz!" she shouted. "Fuck! Call an ambulance, somebody!" she yelled, panicking more and more.