Chapter 25: Books Over War

A/N: I felt bad for the short chapter and so I decided to spend my time to write another chapter for you guys. <3

Sasuke's p.o.v 

It has been a week since I had left the Akatsuki base. But during the time that I have left, a war had broken out. I wasn't quite sure if I was happy about it or not. After what I heard the story of my older brother, I wasn't sure of how I should feel. 

I mean I was happy that the Leaf would get what it deserved, but then there were those who are innocent and my brother sacrificed his life to protect the Leaf, so I should do the same right? 

"Sasuke?" 

I felt a nudge on my shoulder and I looked around as if I was snapped out of my trance. Team Hebi was around me, along with the past Hokage's.

"Sasuke, the war is happening now." Orochimaru said. "What is your answer?"

I took a deep breath in as the image of my  brother entered my mind. I have to do this for him.. 

"I'm going to the battlefield!" I exclaimed. "I won-"

"I thought I felt abnormal chakra levels.." a voice interrupted.

We all looked to where the voice came from and there was that blue haired Akatsuki member. I immediately got into a fighting stance as I eyed him carefully. Even though he aided us in our time of need, he was still on the enemy team.

"Easy there..." he said, taking a step forward.

I unsheathed my sword and glared at him menacingly. "Stay where you are."

He stopped in his place, but he didn't look afraid. 

"Why are you here?" I asked sternly.

"To have a word with your Lord Third, if you don't mind." he said.

"Why would the Akatsuki want to speak with me?" Lord Third asked, suspicious.

"I need to speak to you about Satoshi." he said.

"Satoshi?" I asked. "Why do you need to know about him?"

"I want to know his story, of course." he said.

"Tsk, why don't you ask him yourself!"

He looked at me for a brief second before returning his gaze back to Lord Third.

"Why did you make him join my organization?" he asked. "I understand that he may have joined for the same reason as Itachi, but what did you think would be accomplished if you allowed him to join us."

"We have no time for this!" Lord Second shouted.

"Quiet brother, let him answer." Lord First said.

"But-"

"I thought it would give the Leaf extra protection from them and push them away from our village." he replied.

"How do you think he handled in the Akatsuki?" he said. "You willingly let two children join us, even though I was the one when I helped create its intentions, just to keep your little village safe."

The Akatsuki member looked like he was slowly getting angry. I was a bit confused about why he was getting so mad. He even clenched his fists a bit.

"It caused him great grief." he said. "No matter how grown their mind may be, children shouldn't be forced to do impossible missions that you made both Itachi and Satoshi do as children."

'He seems to be a bit sensitive when it comes to children.. did he have a bad childhood experience as well?'

"This is fairly interesting." Orochimaru chuckled. "I have never seen an Akatsuki member so concerned for another."