Kidnapped?!

"Good morning Miss Gordan." Bruce Wayne, always a gentleman, smiled as he entered the building of 'Bruce Wayne enterprises.'

"Good morning mister Wayne," Stacey blushed, always nervous around the handsome Mister Wayne who was so rich and so powerful yet still so polite. She went weak in the knees whenever he graced her presence.

Stacey Gordan, oldest daughter of commissioner Gordan had just finished college at Gotham state university. When she landed a paid internship at Bruce Wayne enterprises, she couldn't believe her luck. She didn't know that Bruce Wayne was secretly very fond of her father and his family, nor did she know he worked closely with her father as Batman. Even though her job was mostly just secretarial work and shuffling papers, she couldn't be happier.

...

"I just feel so giddy around him, it's like I'm in high school again and I have a crush on one of my teachers," Stacey cooed in between pants as she jogged along side her friend Amanda at the gym.

"Forget about it," Amanda panted "He's one of the richest, most powerful men in the world. He could have any woman he wants and I'm sure he has several a night!" She teased. Music videos played on the flat screen T.V before them, set on the wall so people could watch television during their workouts.

"I really don't think he's that kind of guy," panted Stacey, "He just seems so genuine and caring and...."

"Shhh," Amanda suddenly quieted her. "Look! Listen," They both turned off their treadmills. There was breaking news on the television. Other people were watching the news on some of the other wall televisions. Amanda stepped off her treadmill and turned it up.

"This is breaking news brought to you by Gotham tonight. The dangerous mob leader known as the Joker is once again on the loose. Considered to be armed and extremely dangerous, several officers were found bound and gagged within county, three suffered severe injuries." The news reporter spoke.

"Oh my god!" Stacey gasped. A cold chill ran up her spine as she recalled the last videos she saw of this mad man, his dark eyes shadowed under the makeup of a sinister clown like something out of a child's nightmare. She always hated clowns. She could barely watch as they flashed his photos on the screen. Just then her cell phone rang in her purse. It was her father. He told her to go home right away and lock all the doors. He feared his family was in danger. The Joker didn't know where his oldest daughter lived, but he planned to send a police escort anyway. Amanda looked at her friend confused as she completed the phone call with her father. "I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight," Stacey choked weakly to her friend.

"Just call me and I'll come over later tonight and stay with you," Amanda told her, a worried look on her face. "I'll go home and change and I'll be right over."

"No it's ok. I highly doubt he'll be after me. He doesn't even know I exist. Anyway, my dad is sending an officer over to escort me home. I'll be ok. I am a big girl. I'll give you a call if any monsters spook me tonight." Stacey laughed, but Amanda could still sense the fear in her voice.

...

Stacey thanked the officer as he escorted her to the door of her small one bedroom apartment. He assured her that he would be coming back later in the night to check and make sure she was safe. She didn't want to show it, but this secretly put her at ease. As she bid him a farewell and shut the door she shakily made her way to her small kitchen to prepare a snack after her long day at work and a nice night's workout.

Looking through her mostly bare cupboards, she decided to pull out a box of lucky charms cereal and poor herself a bowl. She noticed her own hand shaking as she reached for a bowl and began pouring the lucky charms into it. An odd night snack, but she really needed some sugar right now. She couldn't admit it to herself, but she was extremely nervous. Something was tugging at her insides. What, she didn't know. She really had nothing to be worried about....right?