Swimming... It isn't fun

•Sonic POV•

"Can't believe I agreed to this!" I thought as Anne and Flash ran onto the beach. Amy talked me into going to the beach with the kids as "payback" for corrupting their minds. I, of course, hated the water just as much as I had as a kid.

Actually... That's an exaggeration. I've gotten used to it, but I'm still not a big fan.

"Sonic, come on. Flash wants to play with you." Amy said and led me to the water. "Daddy's coming, Flash!" Amy told him. "Kay!" Flash hollered.

Amy walked me all the over to him. "Mommy!" Anne yelled at the top of her voice. "Yes, dear?" Amy responded. "Come here, MOMMY!!"

"I'll be right back. Take care of our boy, Sonic." She added then went to where Anne had yelled. "Hey Flash, what did you want?" I asked him. "Take me further! I wanna go out further!" Flash pleaded. I gulped and looked out to the ocean. It was so big, and the waves looked like teeth. Like they would gobble up Flash and I in a second.

"Uh... How about we just stay here?" I asked him. Flash looked up at me in confusion and disappointment. "I'll hold on to you! I won't go away!" I bit my lip and picked up Flash. "We can't go too far out." I smiled at him. Flash clapped and put his tiny arms around my neck.

"We're doing pretty good..." I smiled, proud of myself. Flash smiled at the water and tried to reach to touch it. Then I realized the water was just above my waist. I froze and couldn't move any further. "Daddy, go further!" Flash said and kicked his legs. His toes barely reached the water.

"I think we should just go back." I told Flash and tried to take a few steps back. It was like the sand was pulling me towards. The waves would pull back and I felt like I was further then I was two seconds ago.

"But-"

"No buts, Flash. We have to go back." I told him sternly.

Flash sighed, obviously not happy with what I said. "Don't be sad, Mommy will take you while I'm with Anne." I told him. Flash still looked disappointed, but managed a smile.

"Alright, let's go back to the shore." I slowly turned around and made my way to the sand.

***
•Later•

"It's okay, Daddy. I don't think the water is fun either." Anne said and made a sandcastle. "It hurts when it gets in your eyes." She explained. "Yeah, I agree with you, Princess." I smiled and rubbed her head. "Heheh! Thanks Daddy!"

***********************************

Sorry this a terrible chapter. I've been taking it slow lately for personal reasons. Hope you all can forgive me! Have a great day!