Falling- Nightmare Night (Part 2)

•Amy's POV•

I went to bed early tonight. Sonic was in the kids room telling stories and making jokes. I cuddled up underneath my blankets. I was so snuggled up that the only thing you could see were my eyes and up.

"Time to sleep..." I smiled as I soon let darkness overwhelm me.

•••••

"Sonic?"

"Yeah, Ames?"

"You love me, right?"

Sonic nodded as his brow furrowed, giving him a concerned look. "Of course I love you, Ames." He stroked her cheek and slowly slid his hand down to her chin. He lifted up her face so he could look into her eyes. "Why would I ever not love this beautiful face?"

Amy shook her head and backed away. "No! That's not what I meant! Do you love me for me?! You don't just love me for my looks, right?" Amy looked up at him with fragile eyes. Her eyes sparkled like crystals. Sonic stared into them and tried to talk. "A-Amy... I-I-I... Uhm-You..."

Amy pushed Sonic away from her. "I should've known! It was too good to be true! They were all right! Dave, Eggman, Soar! They all said it would never last!" Amy turned on her heels and ran out of Sonic's house. "Wait! Amy, come back! I wasn't ready!"

Sonic growled at himself lowly and ran out his door, but Amy was long gone. "Amy! I do love you! All of you!" He shouted out. Sonic ran into the jungle in search of Amy.

"Ames!"

Amy could hear Sonic's voice, he was getting closer to her. She didn't want to hear him. Their love had been lie! How could she forgive him?

Amy came to a cliff and stared down at the waves that crashed against its side. "Oh no... I'm trapped!" She thought with frustration.

"Ames... There you are..." Sonic smiled at her, knowing she was trapped. "I do love you, Amy. The way you get when you're mad, when you swing that hammer, your intelligence-"

"SHUT UP!!! YOU LIE!!!" Amy cried out. "You never loved me! They all told me! They told me you hated me and it was the truth!" She cried.

"NO! Amy, that's the lie! I do love you, I promise!" Sonic took a step forward, reaching for Amy.

"No..." Amy took a step back, her body shivering.

"Do you want me to not love you? Is that it?" Sonic asked her. "Because I can't stop loving you in just a snap of my fingers!" Sonic shouted at her.

"Shut up already-"

Amy, all of a sudden felt cold air rushing towards her. She let out a small yelp before waves engulfed her body. Sonic's screams rang out in her head before the strong waves slammed her against the side of the cliff.

•••••

"Ames? You okay?" Sonic moaned at me. "What?" I asked as I opened my eyes. The cold hardwood floor was the first thing I saw. "Ames?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was on the ground? "Yeah, Sonic?" I asked him again. Within a second I felt Sonic's arms around me.

He lifted me up and placed me on the bed. "Nightmare?" He asked me. I nodded, still recalling the dream. "Sonic..." I said and squeezed his arm tightly so he wouldn't leave. "Yeah Ames?" He asked and got down on his knees. "You... Love me for me, right?" I asked him. Sonic grinned and kissed my forehead. "Of course, sweetie. You're everything to me."

I smiled and nodded. "So are you..."