Chapter 20

It had been almost a month and a half since I started ignoring the jocks. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss begin with them, hanging out with them. But I had to do it. The reason was pretty immature but it was necessary. It had been incredibly difficult to stay away from the boys considering I had at least half of my lectures with them. When they suddenly noticed that I was distancing from them they tried to talk to me, be with me and all but I pushed them away. It was hard but I think I succeed because after trying for 2 weeks, they gave up. I still smiled at them in the hallway and once in a blue moon talk to Austin (who had somehow convinced my mom that it was his duty to pick and drop me  from school) but thats it. I had also seen that Austin had now started flirting with other girls, his mouth on some random girl. I don't know what I was sensing lately but I was sensing that something inside Austin was going to burst. I don't why or how but you know gut feeling? something like that. Anyways on the other hand me and my girls were having loads of fun. Considering that I had surprisingly gotten rid of the boys and had studied fairly good I had time for other things like bonding with the girls.

Today, Friday was no special day. My routine was as usual. Go to school. Come back. Pour yourself in studies. That to without talking to much of anyone.

School ended. As a practice I had been doing since the school started I waited near Austin's car. The devil arrived in a grumpy mood and stomped towards the driver's seat. I noticed his hair were kinda messed like someone was running a hand through it. Lately I had kinda become observant thats it. I frowned but made my way towards the shotgun anyways. I had customed myself not to speak to anyone especially unnecessarily so I kept my big mouth sealed and stared outside the window. When suddenly Austin spoke.

"Stop that!" He said extremely irritated. I turned my head to look at him. Confusion clearly showing on my face. But I didn't understand who he exactly was talking to. So I didn't bother to stress my vocal cords. It was funny how much me, Grace, Isabella and Emily had started thinking alike and this thought would have surely belonged to....

"I am talking to you!" Austin said. Oh well!

"uh sorry, I zoned out what were you saying?" I asked.

"Stop that" he repeated his sentence again. This time slower and clearer.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Stop pushing us away" he deadpanned.

"pushing who away?" I asked.I rarely have my blonde moments.

"everyone! " he said. His voice a few octaves higher.

I am sorry where was this conversation going? Useless and meaningless. Thats what this is.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Come on Charlotte its a open secret that you are hardly speaking to any of us" he said bitterly.

"so?" I asked.

He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair "but why?"

I can't believe he is frustrated over such a stupid matter. I guess staying away from the boys had acted like some kind of a rehab for me. To regain my sanity.

"its... its ... because" I said slowly. It was such a pathetic reason that even I myself was ashamed of telling that to anyone

"because?????" Austin asked again. Frustration evident.

"Because I really have to study for the exams" I said. Silence. Silence for like the one whole minute he took to register what I just said. Then suddenly he started chuckling. Hurmorlessly. I looked at him with a sudden anger that arosed within me.

" God what a lame excuse" he said bitterly as if he had eaten something rotten. Anger took toll of my usually composed nature.

"what?" I asked. My voice as cold and steely as it could possibly get.
Just then he stopped the car and I knew we were in front of my house but I didn't move.

"You heard me right" he said as coldly as me. Thats it.

"well at least I am using my time wisely had doing something that would actually help me develop unlike you shoving your tongue down every slut's mouth" I said, remebering what I had seen him do for the last month.I admit I was cruel, but the damages are done and one thing is for sure. I. don't. regret. saying. it on. his. face. I am pretty sure my eyes had turned stone cold and I was shaking with anger a little bit.
Without a second glance I got out of the car and closed the car door behind me with a bang.

Jerk

I couldn't believe that I had somehow started acting like the Charlotte I was 2 years ago. And somehow I felt good begin back. I was tired of begin the kind of person I was now. This personality that I had been showcasing in front of everyone was NOT who I really was.
I mean sure I was always the way I am now but there was more to my personality - I actually use to smile fully a smile that actually reached my eyes, I use to be social, I was confident, even feisty sometimes, bold , outgoing and hot tempered. But now I was just a shadow of who I use to be. 

I opened the front door and went straight to my room and without even changing into something comfortable I grabbed the first textbook I saw and started studying.

************************************************************************

Hello Guys!!!!!

I want to tell you'll that THIS is a very important chapter!!! because this is the start the of the crazy journey of Austin and Charlotte! I promise that the next chapters would be great and full drama.

phew! It has been 20 pain in ass chapters! and I am soo grateful for everyone's support and beautiful comments. I just want this story to be successful. One more request please please do tell everyone you know on wattpad about my story! I would love more viewers!

And please don't forget to vote and comment!

note: ghost readers become human and please do comment and vote!