iii

I don't think anyone knows how hard life is until you are told to get something in the shop your mother asked you to get but you get a phone call off her earlier while walking there and she is in a horrible and she hates your guts right now and if you forget that one item in the shop, you're dead? Yeah, I'm in that current situation right now and I'm kind of freaking out.

"Why are you going all crazy?" I hear the dark blonde boy say from beside me, still sipping on his lovely smelling coffee. He decided to stay with me and walk me home as he is going in the same direction as me the way back. I agreed as I thought I needed the company but right now I want to be alone because I'm freaking out.

"I just," I begin to say, sighing as my eyes quickly scan the shelfs from top to bottom, trying to find a particular item. "I just need to find two more items but I can't find them." I say quietly, my eyes scanning the shelfs again but now more slowly.

"What do you need?" he licks his lips as some coffee gets on them from his straw, looking over my shoulder to look at my very bad misspelled words on my notes on my phone. He furrows his eyebrows, I'm guessing trying to think of what I mean, nodding his head when he gets what is written down.

"So," he looks into my basket then back to my phone, repeating those actions a few times before looking at a few other shelfs near him. "So, you need caster sugar and chocolate buttons?"

I nod my head in conformation, licking my lips repeatedly as I walk back to the baking area again, looking through the shelves of baking ingredients. I already checked the sweet section and they don't have them either. My mother isn't even into baking, so I don't know why she wants all this. Well, I think that she's not into baking.

"You know," I say, Ashton following behind me. "I hate shops." I finish my sentence, making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" he asks, fixing the strap of his gear bag to rest on his shoulder more comfortably. Knowing the reason behind it is a part of my disease, I shrug. "I don't know, I just hate shops." I knot my eyebrows at the top of my forehead, thinking that I finally found what I was looking for but frowning when it sadly wasn't.

"Where is this fucking chocolate buttons?" I groan, my shoulders slumping as my frown deepens.

"Why are you looking in the baking section for chocolate buttons?" the tall tall boy beside me asks.

"You can use chocolate buttons on cakes and buns and stuff." I shrug slightly, making Ashton nod, raising his eyebrows. "Yeah, true." he agrees with me.

I get up from my hunkers, my head falling back. I groan, hearing Ashton breathing out a laugh.

"Okay," Ashton says, setting his gear bag down beside him on the cold tile ground, taking my phone from my hands softly and putting the letter 'x' beside each item I got while looking into the metal basket that was rested in between my cold fingers. "We need this son of a bitch." he mumbles, walking further down the baking aisle, making me smile slightly as his humour.

He grumbles words under his breath that I don't catch, seeing his face growing tighter by the second. "What-" he breaths out. "Where is this fucking chocolate? Out of all chocolates that I haven't even heard of in my life are here but the one I bloody know is not here?" he says as more as a question, making me chuckle slightly as he now knows my current frustration.

"Look, there's even milk nibbles here." he picks up the packet of chocolates. throwing them back on the shelf angrily. "What even are they?" he huffs out in announce.

I see a worker walking up to us, seeing our frustration and right now if a worker asked if I needed any help, I'd deny because I'd like to look for it myself and I don't know why. I just need to.

Ashton doesn't spot the worker but the light brown haired woman kindly asked the tall boy for any help and his face lights up.

"Yes, actually I do need your help." I laugh, covering a hand over my opened mouth as he points to my phone sassily, looking across the shelfs. The short woman looks at what Ashton pointed at on my phone, now following his finger as his fingers grazes over the baking items.

"Myself and this sweet girl have been here for the last twenty minutes and we can't find the chocolate buttons." he points to me and the workers eyes follow his fingers, giving me a small smile as I do the same to her, waving slightly. I blush at what Ashton called me. I don't know why he said that but he made me go bright red as I feel the heat form on my checks ever so slowly.

Ashton lets out a huff, pouting slightly. The worker looks like she's looking for what we need, pulling out items and putting them back. While she kindly does that, the blonde boy looks over at me and wiggles his eyebrows slightly, making me hold in a laugh. I bit my bottom lip, glancing away as the young woman looks at me, raising an eyebrow. Ashton catches on but doesn't stop.

"We seem to be out of stock." she pipes up from beside Ashton making him jump slightly as he was currently in the making of giving me a funny face. "Eh, okay thanks." he smiles as she nods her head and walks away. I walk to up him, huffing. We literally spent a good twenty minutes trying to find chocolate buttons and they're out of stock.

The tall boy seems to read my mind because he rolls his eyes, mocking her words. "We seem to be out of stock."

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes at him, taking the phone off him swiftly. "Lets just get the last thing." I sigh, immediately seeing the caster sugar on the shelf, happy that I don't have to spend another twenty minutes looking for something that probably is not necessary. I carefully put the sugar in the basket that was heavily hanging from my wrist, making me switch hands.

Ashton grabs his gear bag that was tossed on the floor and puts it over his shoulder. "Now, lets pay." he sighs outs, smelling the coffee that he breathed out from his breath that was behind me.

•••

I sniff while scratching my nose my with covered hand. The sleeves of my jacket were covering my hands as they were beginning to num up again from the cold. Ashton was now finished his drink and put a black zip jacket on that was in his gear bag as it started to get more chilly.

The plastic of the bag with the shopping in it was hitting against my leg as Ashton chews on his chewing gum. I sigh, looking at my slightly dirty shoes, chewing and biting the inside of my lip.

"Stop chewing your lips, it will get sore." Ashton speaks up suddenly from the left of me. I raise my head to look up at him seeing him look straight ahead.

"I'm sorry." I apologise, licking my lips instead repeatedly. I'm assuming Ashton noticed my change in conversation as he lets out a low chuckle, looking down at me. His curls poking out of his hood slightly that was covering his head. I give him a questioning look, waiting for him to explain himself and his sudden chuckle.

"You have to play with your lips?" he asks as a question, smiling down at me. I shrug at his question, looking down at the blue plastic bag that was by my side, hanging from my purple fingers. The wind blows my hair behind me, some getting caught in my mouth. I spit it out, my fingers that weren't occupied pulled some out too.

Ashton laughs at me, me struggling getting my hair out of my eyes. Suddenly I feel a pair of fingers tips against my cheek, the hair in my mouth being pulled out. I smile sheepishly at him as he then tucks it behind my ear. He smiles back making me happy.

"What are you concentrating on?" he speaks up after a few minutes of silence, the only sounds was the wind blowing harshly in out faces along with our steady breathing as our feet pad along the sidewalk.

I sigh contently. "Nothing in particular." I admit, looking at the different shaped trees ahead of me even though I can feel his stare on me.

"Don't lie." he chuckles, bumping his elbow with mine making me laugh small. I shake my head in denial. "Nothing." I break into a wide teeth smile, enjoying his presence right now.

I don't know if I have ever met him before but then again, he didn't know my name or said "hello again" so I'm assuming we never met. I wonder if I ever meet him again, will he remember me? That's why I don't like this part of me. I have to stick with the embarrassment of not knowing new or old people. They are so happy to see you and you have no idea who they are. It makes me sad to think about but I try and push that to the back of my head, nodding along as the tall dark head blonde boy starts talking again.