Chapter 9

Class ended and Eveline threw all her books in her bag and rushed out of the classroom. I quickly ran after her. I grabbed her arm and she turned towards me.

"What are you scared off?" I asked her, noticing how her sleeve fell over the numbers. I noticed her heavy breathing and she opened her mouth to reply but closed it without saying a word.

She took a few deep breaths before speaking. "I'm not scared, no idea what you're talking about." She said and gave me a smile.

I pulled up her sleeve to reveal her numbers but they weren't purple anymore. "You were scared though. Why were you scared?" She sighed. "Just talk to me." I urged.

And she did. "I don't want to go home tonight." That was all she said.

"Why not?" I wondered.

"It's a long story, Camila. But I need to go. Before it all gets worse." And then she ran off. Nour arrived by my side.

"What's up with her?" She asked as we both watched Eveline run off towards her motorcycle.

"I honestly don't know."

Lauren walked past me to her car. She didn't greet me and seemed preoccupied with her phone.

"Hey, babe." I greeted and her head shot up.

She gave me a sweet smile and pecked my lips. "Gotta go to tutoring." She apologizied and ran off.

I turned towards Nour. "Do you got a drive home?" I asked and she shook her head. "Then we better find Ally or Normani."

We both rushed towards the library in hope Ally was still there and we got lucky. "Hey, Ally." Nour and I spoke up.

"Hi." She said sweetly.

"Lauren has tutoring, can you drive us home?" Nour asked with a pout.

"She has tutoring again? God, she must really suck at math." Ally complained. "But, yeah, sure. I'll drop you off."

"What do you mean again?" I wondered. "Isn't it her first tutoring session?"

"No, she had tutoring two days ago. I called her after school and was greeted by Eveline so I'm pretty sure of it." The small girl told us and I frowned.

"Lets just go." Nour urged and we nodded. The three of us got into Ally's car and she dropped us off at home. 

"Thanks, Ally." I said before getting out of the car. 

I got inside and ran up to my room. The first thing I did was dial Lauren's number. She picked up at the third ring.

"Hey, babe." Lauren spoke.

In the background I heard Eveline's annoyed voice. "Don't take too long." 

"Hi, I was just wondering how it's going there." I spoke and internally cursed myself. 

"It's going great but if I stay on the phone too long Eve might get mad. So, I gotta go." She hung up before I could reply something.

"What had gotten into her." I mumbled to myself. My phone rang again and I hoped it was Lauren. But it was Nour. "Hi." I greeted.

"Hey, hey. I need to tell you something, and you're not gonna like it." Nour announced. 

I waited for her to continue but she didn't. "Well, what is it?" I asked curiously. 

"Okay, so as Lauren told you she got tutored by Eveline before right? Well, that wasn't tutoring. The two had a brief relationship and I felt like you needed to know." Nour explained. I stayed silent for a while. Honestly I didn't know what to say. 

I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. "Thank you for telling me." I eventually said and hung up the phone. 

They were not getting away with this. I grabbed my jacket and rushed out the door. For some reason I knew where Eveline lived so I rushed to her house and rang the doorbell. A young man between 18 and 25 opened the door. 

"What do you want?" He snapped. 

"I'm looking for Eveline?" I asked unsure. Maybe I had the wrong address.

"She's not home." The man replied and threw the door in my face. That wasn't very friendly. Since she wasn't home I rushed to Lauren's house. 

"Hey, Camila." Chris Jauregui greeted me with his mouth full.

"Hi, Chris. Is Lauren home?" I wanted to know. He nodded and motioned for me to come in before pointing upstairs. I ran up the stairs and stormed in Lauren's room. "WHAT THE HELL ARE THE TWO OF YOU DOING?!" I yelled.

"Math work." Eveline replied and I looked up to see Eveline and Lauren sitting at Lauren's desk with a math book and some notes.

The two of them looked at me with confused looks. "But Nour said you two dated and I assumed that...?" 

Eveline laughed while Lauren glared at me. "What the hell, Camila? Don't you trust me at all?" She shouted angrily.

"Laur, calm down. You gotta look at her point of view. She just found out about our passed and you've had two tutor sessions in a week. Doesn't that sound a little suspicious?" Eveline defended me. 

"Maybe but that doesn't give her the right to storm into my room like that, assuming I'm cheating on her." Lauren protested and I looked down guiltily. 

"It was for the best. She now saw that we have nothing going on and her worries are away and you are angry now but you've forgiven her by dawn and everything will be right in the world again." Eveline spoke before gathering her things. "But I do think you two should talk it out without me. I'm out." She said but I stopped her.

She looked at me expectantly. "Can I ask you who the man was at your house?" 

All the color drained out of her face as she looked horrified. My eyes darted to her left arm and the numbers were indeed purple. "You were at my house?" She asked and I nodded. "That was my brother." She stated. 

Before I could ask any other questions she rushed out of the room and left. 

But why was she so afraid.

*******

A/N: I have zero inspiration but a shit tone of motivation to make up for it. So here's another chapter. More drama coming soon and I hope it was alright. 

Let me now what you think.

Love you all!!