Chapter 2

I stood in front of Normani's door. It was movie night and this week Normani was the host. I rang the doorbell and only seconds later a cheery Normani greeted me.

"Hey, Mila." She said while wrapping her arms around me. "Ally and Lauren are already here, so we just need to wait for Dinah." The chocolate skinned girl announced. I entered the house and sat down next to Ally on the couch. 

The three girls continued in their conversation but I wasn't very interested. I just minded my own business. Minutes later the doorbell rang again and Dinah entered the house. She hugged us all and then sat down next to me. We watched some movies: Sucker Punch, Easy A and Pitch Perfect. 

The whole time nothing was said and I quite enjoyed the silence. Halfway through the first movie Ally and Normani switched places and Dinah and Normani cuddled up together. I felt kinda like the third wheel but I tried to push the feeling away. My two best friends were happy together and I should be happy for them. 

The rest of the time was spent with all of us sitting and watching. Lauren's dad called halfway through the second movie and she left for a little bit before returning to her spot beside Ally. 

The movie night continued. Halfway through the third movie Ally had to go too the bathroom. Well that's what she said but we all know that she was actually on the phone with Troy. 

Once the third movie ended we just sat around and talked. I personally didn't say much. I didn't have anything interesting to say. 

"Mila, what's your time on your clock?" Normani asked. Dinah knew, Lauren knew but Normani didn't.

"Uhhmm." My mouth went dry and I didn't know what to say.

"Camz, don't you need a drive? I'm sorry for interrupting but I really need to get going, Camz do you need a drive?" Lauren exclaimed before I could say anything.

"Yeah, I kinda do. Thanks, Lo." I replied and the two of us said our goodbyes to the group before getting up and leaving.

We got into Lauren's car and she drove off. "Thanks, Lauren. I didn't really want to explain the situation." I told her truthfully. 

"It's alright, I understand." Lauren quickly glanced at me and smiled. I saw how the sleeve on her left arm had risen up a bit. The dull numbers on her arm showing. 

04:25:12:03:14.

I frowned. Exactly the same time it showed 4 years ago. That's impossible, right? Either your clock ticks down or it stays on zero but it doesn't stay stuck on a specific time. It never does. 

"Lauren?" I breathed out. 

Her eyes darted to mine for a sec. "Yeah, Camz." She replied. 

My mind was going a million miles an hour, trying to figure out what I was supposed to say. "It's nothing. I just wanted you to know how grateful I am for you saving me out of that situation." 

I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and I didn't even know how to explain. 4 years ago I saw her arm on accident and today again. How was I gonna say that? 'Hey, Lauren. 4 years ago I accidentally saw your clock and now I see it's still stuck, what the hell is up with that?' Knowing Lauren she would not be happy with knowing I knew. 

If she wanted me to know she'd tell me and I would just have to hope and pray that eventually she would. And if she didn't then that was her choice. 

"Are you sure there was nothing else?" A worried expression was showing on Lauren's face as she looked at the road. 

"Yeah, I'm sure." I reassured and she dropped the conversation. 

The rest of the drive was uneventful until Lauren stopped the car in my driveway. "Camz, can I talk to you about something? But you have to promise not to tell anyone." Lauren turned towards me as much as she could.

"Of course, do you want to come inside and talk in my room? It might be more comfortable." I suggested and she nodded. 

We both got out of the car and entered my house. It wasn't very late but it also wasn't very early either. The house was already completely pitch black and I led Lauren through the familiar hallways. I didn't feel the need to turn the lights on until I arrived in my own familiar room. I clicked the light switch and the once dark room lit up instantly. 

Lauren sat down on my desk chair and I sat down on the edge of my bed facing her. "What do you wanna talk about?" I asked and she hesitated.

"Your clock." She said after a minute.

"What about my clock?" I responded and saw her thinking. 

It took a little longer for her to reply. In that time she repeatedly opened and closed her mouth. "I was wondering, do you ever have the feeling that everything this whole world stands for is utter bullshit? As if finding our soulmate is our main purpose in life. What if I don't need a soulmate? What if I want to be independent? Isn't that important too? Don't you think it's terrible for the people who don't have a soulmate? I mean, you for example, don't you feel like you don't have a purpose?" She rambled and I listened and analyzed every word. 

"I do, I feel like this society and this world is bullshit, I understand that some people might not care about finding their soulmate but don't have a choice and others want to so bad but don't have someone waiting for them. Being independent is indeed important too and I wish everyone could see that, whether you have a soulmate or not, you need to be able to also take care of yourself. And yes, I do feel as if I don't have a purpose in life. Everyone is always talking about the day they found or will find their soulmate and all I can think about is that it'll never happen to me." I answered each of her questions and saw her stare at me, a sad look on her face.

"I understand how you feel, Camz." The green eyed girl spoke. A week ago, hell even an hour ago, I would have screamed that she doesn't but right now I was not that sure that she didn't. 

So I just replied with: "Do you?" 

She got up and sat down next to me on the bed. A minute passed by before she rolled up her left sleeve and showed me her numbers. "It has been stuck on that time for almost all my life." She sighed, not looking up.

"Do you know why it is stuck?" I wondered, also staring at the numbers. 

"I have no idea. I asked people, I have searched on the internet but no one seems to know what the reason could be. Probably just a defect." I saw the numbers light up green and looked up. 

Her eyes were watery and every once in a while a tear would slip. I wiped them away and looked her in her beautiful green eyes. "If you want to know I can help you search for answers." I said with a sad smile. 

"You'd do that for me?" Lauren asked, a little shocked. 

"Of course, Lo. I'd do anything for you. I don't want you to cry, I prefer your beautiful smile." I answered and her beautiful smile appeared.

"Thank you." Her arms wrapped around my body and I immediately hugged back. 

"Anytime, Lolo." I mumbled. 

"I should probably go home, it's getting late and I don't want my family to worry. I'll see you Monday." Lauren replied and I nodded. 

She got out of the embrace and stood up. Thanking me once again before leaving the room. I waited until I heard the front door open and close before jumping off my bed and falling into my desk chair. I opened my laptop and typed in "stuck soulmate clock" . A lot of sites popped up on the screen. 

My eyes scanned each of them and I clicked on one of them. A long text appeared on the screen and I saw some of the words. When your soulmate clock gets stuck it can be the result of two things: the constant changing of events in which you were supposed to meet your soulmate...

Or the death of your soulmate.

********

A/N: Second chapter is up. So what is up with Lauren's clock? What would the reason behind her stuck clock be?

Please vote and comment, it means a lot to me.

Love you all!