Chapter 5

"You're in love with me." I repeated when Lauren didn't say anything. 

"That's ridiculous, Camz. Why would I be in love with you?" Lauren said and I felt my heart break. 

"Stop lying, the numbers don't lie, Lauren. They never do." I yelled but deep down I knew that they did. They had made so many mistakes that maybe it was true. Maybe Lauren wasn't in love with me.

But Lauren got nervous and her reply didn't come as fast as it usually does. "I was... uhhmm... I was just... I was thinking about Brad." She eventually stuttered out. She was lying, I knew she was lying. 

"I need some rest. I'll see you Monday, Lauren." I sighed, even though I knew she was lying I couldn't make her admit that she loved me. If she was so in love with Brad then that was good for her but I wasn't gonna spend another minute hearing her crap. 

I got up and left the room. I didn't turn around when Lauren yelled my name cause I wasn't in the mood to hear her apologies and theories. Right now I just wanted to be alone and sleep. Sleep and never wake up. My life was becoming a living hell. 

I opened Lauren's front door and was greeted by a confused Ally. "Have fun." I told her before walking past her and getting into my car. The drive back to my house was uneventful. I got out of my car and ran up to my room, crying my eyes out. 

My parents weren't home for whatever reason but I still locked my door before crying myself to sleep.

That was the worst night of my life so far. From then on I started to avoid Lauren and actually all of the girls. I didn't sit with them during lunch, I didn't show up at movie night, I didn't even work with them in class. Usually I'd eat in the library but occasionally, when I knew Lauren or Ally were there I would eat in the bathroom. That wasn't very nice.

I did make another friend at school. A very nice girl, who sat next to me in English. Her name was Nour and she was an exchange student from The Netherlands. She was really awesome and I hung out with her a lot. I also did most of my English projects with her. Every once in a while she would even join me in the library, which was extremely sweet of her since she had a lot of other friends she could eat with. She had suggested for me to sit with her and her friends in the cafeteria but I didn't want to see the girls so I kindly declined that offer.

Time passed by with me not talking to any of the girls and the worst part was that none of them even tried to get in contact with me. I was alright though. I had my new Dutch friend and that was all that mattered. 

Currently I was in my room, writing in my journal. It's something I started doing everyday. To just write my feelings and let it all out. I don't remember when the last time I talked to the girls was but it must have been about 25 days. 

The doorbell rang and I got up, after a huge amount of sighing and groaning, of course. I ran down the stairs, or should I say walked, and opened the door to reveal a crying Lauren. 

And suddenly I got feeling of every positive emotion, running through my veins. It felt better than anything I had felt before. I looked down at my left arm and saw all the numbers had changed to zeros like how it once was. 

I had been right all along. Lauren was my soulmate. 

"Brad broke up me. I don't know why, but I guess he wasn't my soulmate." Lauren spoke after a long and dreadful silence. 

"And of course then you do have my address." I snapped and saw Lauren flinch. I regretted it, immediately but I was still somewhat angry and confused. 

"No, Camila. I'm not here cause Brad broke up with me. I'm not crying cause Brad broke up with me. He broke up with a week ago." Lauren explained and I frowned at her. She was not making sense at all. "I'm crying cause I have no idea what I did wrong, I don't know you are ignoring me and avoiding me. I'm crying cause I miss you and I'm here cause you were right." 

"Right about what?" I asked, although in the back of my mind I knew what she was talking about. 

"I was and I am in love with you." She told me and my heart fluttered. 

I closed the gap between us and pressed my lips against hers. It was our first kiss and we both had to figure it out but once I started moving my lips Lauren followed my lead and soon our lips were moving in sync. It felt great, the taste of Lauren's lips was better than anything I had ever tasted before. 

After what felt like seconds but must have been minutes we pulled apart. Pupils dilated and lips slightly swollen. I pulled her into a hug. "Was that so hard to admit?" I whispered in her ear.

"No and I wish I would have told you earlier." She answered and I giggled. 

******

A/N: I wrote this in about 20 minutes so sorry if it's bad. As I say in the a/n of all my stories, school has started again and they already gave us a shit ton of homework so I'm trying my best to make some time to write here and there.

Thank you for reading.

Love you all!