Chapter 11

It has been 2 weeks since me and Jason have actually spoke. Not much has happened in those two weeks, except spring break started. Other than that they have just dragged on. I spend most of my time waiting for Jason to pop up and tell me he doesn't want me to stay away from him but its not going to happen. I can tell that he's taking this whole thing seriously. Don't get me wrong I am too but I just wish we didn't have to stay away from each other.

The only people who like the fact that me and Jason haven't been talking are my parents. It's still kinda of tense between my mom and me since the whole argument but now she got what she wanted. Me and Jason aren't talking. I was sitting at the kitchen table the other night when my mom asked me why me and Jason stopped talking. It honestly shocked me. I thought that she'd be happy and wouldn't question it but no my mom just had to be nosy.

I wasn't going to tell her that the real reason we stopped talking, because some guy Jason used to be associated with wants to get back at him so he attacked me. That would only make her hate him even more. I made up some story that we got into a fight cause he wanted me to help him date Marissa. My mom just nodded her head which surprised me. I was expecting some big speech on how she told me he would use me and blah blah blah.

Luckily I was able to get some time away from the awkwardness that now surrounded my mom and I. My dad had been asked to go on a business trip to New York and whenever my dad went on a business trip, which wasn't often, my mom went with him to take a break from her job. I always tried to go but this time I wanted to have the house to myself to sulk around and think about Jason. I know I should probably do something to get my mind off of him but my mind was too occupied with thoughts of him to think of anything else.

Suddenly my phone rang from beside me on my bed. Hoping it was Jason I quickly reached for it, sighing with disappointment when the caller ID read Beth. She had been dealing with me a lot lately. Even with all my whining and crying she still invites me to hang out. That's why she's my best friend she's always there for me when I need her.

"Hello" I answered the phone glumly while staring at my white ceiling.

"Okay seriously? Its been 2 weeks! Move on!" Beth spoke into the phone and I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"Yeah yeah what do you want?" I asked not wanting to talk about Jason.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me? I'm really bored and I don't want to sit in the house all spring break" she asked hopefully. Ever since spring break started a few days ago I've been even more upset. At least at school I was able to catch a glimpse of Jason but being on break and him not wanting to be near me, I didn't get to see him at all. 

"Sure, why not" I said, getting up off my bed and making my way toward my closet. Sulking around wasn't gonna make anything better. I might as well do something during spring break. 

"Yay. I'll pick you up in a few minutes" Beth said excitedly.

"Sounds good" I said, hanging up the phone and pulling out a cute yet simple outfit to go to the mall in. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower before changing. It wasn't long before I got a text from Beth saying she was outside my house.

"I'm glad you decided to actually get out of the house" Beth said as I got in the car and we started toward the mall. We parked and started heading into stores. We went inot Forever 21, Wet Seal, Hot Topic and Charlotte Russe. Whenever me and Beth went shopping we shopped harcore. By the time we would leave our arms were sore from holding bags. 

"You wanna go get something to eat?" Beth asked as we made our way out the mall.

"Yes I'm starving" I said struggling with my bags. Being out with Beth definitley helped me feel better. I wasn't as upset as I was earlier today and I liked just spending time with Beth she always made me feel better without even trying.