Chapter Thirty Five-

The first thing Christian saw when Ivy and him got back to his hide-out was the news. The TV was on low but the title that flashed across the bottom of the screen made the Hispanic male fume. Christian Alvarez and Ivy Anderson Spotted! It was terrifying for Ivy, he sat back and watched his ex-lover, the fear coursing through his body was making his frail body tremble. He didn't think it would be on the news this fast.

It was the tightening of Christian's hand around Ivy's thin arm that let the small boy know he was in for Hell. It was slow, like the pain  needed to be drawn out. With every second that passed the hand tightened, it forced Ivy to hold back a wince- he knew the punishment for that.

"Ivy?" Came the Hispanic male's calm voice, but it was too calm, almost toneless.

Ivy closed his eyes and let out a breath. "Yes, Christian?" Fear. It was such a dominating sound in his words.

"What in the Hell, did you do?"

Ivy struggled for a lie, his voice cracked and his face broke in sweat. "I- I don't k-know. H-onestly... Ple-" The hand that had had a vice grip on his arm suddenly jerked and Ivy found himself dazed and on the cold floor. The ache that surged through him afterwards was breathtaking.

"Why would you tell someone? You fuvking, little bitch!"  Christian's eyes seemed darker, more intense than anything Ivy had ever seen. It was like a light switch being flipped, all color gone and replaced with a lasting darkness. The Christian Ivy had first fallen in love with was gone. He'd disappeared and the small boy knew it, he just didn't know what to do.

From his spot on the floor, Ivy gingerly moved himself to where he was in position to flee if need be. His legs seemed heavy as he moved them, though, and he knew even if he tried he wouldn't get far. Normally this wouldn't be all that distressing, but now he had hope. Police knew their general location, and Ivy prayed that the check-out girl had been smart enough to look at their license plate number. At the moment, all Ivy wanted to do was fight- for his life, freedom, and James.

***

James drove too fast to the police station, his body tense and mind stressed. The second he was parked, the brunette had feet on the ground and rushed inside, refusing to waste a single second. Nothing could slow him down.

"Officer Lewis!" He said, voice frantic. So many people were inside, all seemingly rushed.

He stopped when seeing one of the officers he actually recognized and asked, "Ms., have you seen Lewis?"

The woman nodded and pointed towards one of the back rooms where James knew the computer room was. With a quick, forced smile, he thanked her and took off, letting his panic overcome him. When the older man was in view, James could see him holstering his gun and speaking to others in commanding tones. The two locked eyes and Lewis said the words James had been waiting for.

"We found him."

***

Ivy screamed as his arm was twisted behind his back, the pain too much for him to remain quiet. Christian was stood behind him with an evil smile on his face, eyes wide with insanity. The grip was bruising enough but if the Hispanic male didn't stop twisting, Ivy knew the bone in his arm would snap. "Please, Christian, just stop!"

"I will," The sadistic teen answered as he twisted further. "as soon as you tell me what you did."

Ivy whimpered and cried, he didn't want to say. If he did, there would be worse than a broken arm. "Christian- I didn't do-" His scream was loud and piercing, the snap of his arm couldn't be heard over the deafening sound. "Shit," He cried under his breath as he fell flat on his stomach, his arm laying limp against his back. The pain was too great.

The tears fell from Ivy's eyes soaked into the carpet beneath his face. He was too weak to lift himself and just let it happen, pushing whatever Christian was saying to the back of his mind. He wanted to feel better, be rid of the unbearable lightning like feeling that shot through his arm. "Christian..." He whispered in an absolutely broken voice.

***

James sped. His truck was on the tail of one of the many police cruisers that were heading towards Christian's hide away. They'd managed to find the address after searching the license plate number from the car the girl had seen.

He knew he shouldn't be following, that it could be dangerous, but James didn't care. He needed to see Ivy- make sure he was alive, breathing.  Just, reassurance in general.

***

Ivy was pushed onto his back, his body easily moved with how powerless he was. His eyes focused on the fuzzy outline of Christian, who stood over him with a disgusting leer. The dominating male was red faced, his skin sweaty and eyes narrowed. "Hi, baby." Even his voice was detached sounding and it caused shivers to rake down Ivy's spine.

Ivy's vision and hearing faded for a few seconds, and when he came to again, a click was heard. With a slurred voice, Ivy asked, "W-what w-as tha-t?"

His question was answered when the shape of Christian's gun came into focus. The gun was clasped in the other male's right hand tightly and it made Ivy fear for his life more than he ever had before. The situation- nothing was in his favor at the moment, and it was so terrifying.

A/N

Sorry that it took so long for a short, shitty chapter. BUT I do have an explanation!

2 weeks ago I managed to give myself a concussion, after that I had bad headaches and couldn't focus. On Friday, it was homecoming and that left me really busy.

I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME

like a chapter and prologue left

VCF