Chapter Eighteen-

James walked into school on Monday with a large smile on his face. Eyes alight with happiness and stride peppy. The whole weekend all he could think about was how he had kissed Ivy, the thought made him want to jump with joy. The boy of his dreams, who may have been very much taken, had actually allowed their lip to touch. James couldn't be any more excited.

There was just one problem.

When walking towards his first hour class, James saw Ivy wrapped in Christian's arms, a small grin on the boy's pale face. What made it worse, though, were the finger shaped bruises that he could see peeking from under the light blue scarp that adorned Ivy's neck. Every ounce of joy James had held before was gone, the dark black and purple marks were taunting him, killing him slowly from the inside out. Had Christian choked Ivy? The very idea had James seeing red, his face hot and angry. All he honestly wanted to do was run to the two and pull Ivy into his own loving embrace, where he would never let another human being harm the poor boy. His poor, baby boy.

James walked stiffly towards the couple who were leaned against a group of lockers and talking with Billy. When the bad boy had made himself known, Christian glared at him while Ivy looked down with a sick look on his face- completely ignoring the concerned and frustrated glances James threw at him. Billy just smiled at the boy, completely oblivious to the tension that was thick in the air.

"Hey, James." The shorter Hispanic boy said, a smile on his face.

The male nodded back with a forced smile then looked at the rigid couple that was still silent. Neither said anything until Christian snapped. "We'll be leaving," And dragged Ivy away from the other two with a painful looking grip on his arm.

The slight limp blonde had while walking away practically killed James.

***

"Why the fuck did you kiss my boyfriend?" Christian growled as he slammed James against the bathroom wall. It was lunch time and both were fuming and ready to fight. Christian could get away with it too, Ivy had to speak to a teacher about an FFA meeting he couldn't go to. This left Christian and James to 'talk' out their problems.

"Because he deserves better than you!" James retorted his brown eyes swirling with anger. "No, we're together and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it! We love each other, truly love each other. Some new kid-punk like yourself is going to mess that up for me! Got it?"

"Actually, he deserves someone who isn't going to hit him, got it?" James snapped back.

Next thing James knew, Christian had one hand fisted in his shirt while his other was raised, ready to punch. "What, you gonna hit me?" The bad boy sneered, a small, sinister smile on his face. "Probably not, huh? You only attack those too weak to fight back, am I right? Someone who can't even def-"

"Shut up!" Christian screamed, his voice ringing around the small, tiled room. There was a desperate yet furious tone to his words that caused James' mouth to drop in shock, especially when tears rushed to the corners of the Hispanic male's eyes. "Shut the fuck up, and never speak to Ivy again." With that, the angry boy turned and stormed from the room. James was left in an awkward, heavy silence that almost suffocated him. He couldn't believe Christian, of all people, was about to cry.

With a sigh, James slid down the wall and put his head in his hands- just thinking. He wanted to save Ivy. He just didn't know how.

***

Ivy awkwardly sat in front of the school, his body aching- it'd been more than seven hours since he'd taken a pain pill. He was waiting for Christian to come pick him up. The Hispanic male had left early so he could cool down after lunch, but had promised Ivy he would pick him up. Now it was four seventeen, nearly an hour since school got out the abused boy was still waiting, disappointment and sadness filling him.

The boy jumped when he heard a hesitant voice ask, "Do you need a ride home?"

Turning, Ivy saw James standing by the school doors, a sad look on his face as he stared at the small boy. Ivy wanted to say no, so badly it hurt, but he could feel the waves of pain crashing over his body and knew he just needed to get home so he could take a few pain killers. Plus, by the looks of it, Christian wasn't coming. So, very, very reluctantly, Ivy nodded and slowly stood from his sitting position. A wince covered his face.

The two got into James' truck in silence, neither speaking as they exited the nearly empty parking lot. Ivy kept his head down, green eyes focused on his twiddling thumbs as they drove, so when the truck stopped and he looked up, he was surprised to see them in front of a very familiar house. James' house.

"Why are we here?" The abused boy whispered.

James glanced at him with hard eyes. "So I can see what the damage is now, and to get some answers."

A/N

I am so, so, so sorry for not updating for such a long time. I've been very sad lately and I don't really know why. But, I know that I need to keep updating, plus it makes me happy to write, so. (Don't comment about this I was just telling you."

Anyways, yay for James fighting for #jivy cx

VCF!(: