Chapter Twenty Six-

Ivy sat in shock, his right eye was wide but he couldn't focus on any one thing. It was dim and glazed with unshed tears. He felt... broken. The pain that was pulsing through his body wasn't at all masked by the drugs that were being pumped into his body. The wrap around his torso seemed too tight and the bandages over the left side of his face were awkward feeling and caused pain. The brace around his neck was made him feel suffocated. It seemed as though all the IVs in his hands and arms were ice cold, and a nasal cannula was wrapped over his ears. Everything was so wrong.

The beeping beside him reminded him that he was alive, though he didn't feel like it. He felt dead.

Ivy finally closed his right eye and sighed slightly, feeling a burn in his throat as he did so. "Ivy?" He heard and slowly peaked up at a very familiar face. "Yes, Dr.Erwin?" His voice was so scratchy and it hurt so bad to talk.

"How are you feeling?" The Doctor asked as he walked around and began checking the machines that were hooked up to the weak boy. When he didn't get an answer, Erwin turned and saw a devastated look on Ivy's face, and single tear running down his bruised cheek.

"Awful." Ivy croaked.

Dr.Erwin looked down and bit his tongue. He'd seen abuse before, but never this bad. He saw how bad Ivy looked, anyone could. He couldn't even imagine the pain he'd gone through, physically and emotionally. It was scarring to see someone so young with so much damage.

Erwin had a son. He was smaller than most and sometimes picked on at school. He didn't want to even think about something like this happening to his little boy. It hurt too much.

"Um, there are a few people in the Waiting Room, are you up for some visitors? There's a boy out ther-"

Ivy's visible eye shot open, "I-it's not him, is it?" So much fear.

"No. James Maddison? He's been waiting for a few hours now. Had to talk to the police and has been worried put of his mind." Dr.Erwin said back, a certain look on his face.

"Please s-send him in." Ivy whispered.

***

James looked up from having his face in his hands when he heard his name. It was one of the Doctors who'd been helping Ivy. His eyes were sympathetic as he called the taller male over. "Ivy is awake and would like to see you." He then looked behind James and saw four hopeful looking Hispanic males, all of which had tear stained faces. "You four can go in in a moment." The smallest of the group, Zayn nodded with a fake smile. Ivy's parents weren't there yet, they'd been unreachable and there fore didn't know.

James walked at a fast pace towards room 221, his long legs moving quickly as worry took over him. He knew he needed to see Ivy, his Ivy. For the past few hours he'd been in tears, it was seven in the morning yet he hadn't slept since the call for help had woken him. He'd been much too worried, and now he finally got to see his darling.

He swung the room door open and stepped in, his eyes immediately locking on Ivy. Seeing the boy now wasn't as bad as he thought it'd be, he looked so much better than when James had found him. Maybe that's why James wasn't sickened by the damage done to Ivy's body, because he'd seen the worst when he'd found the boy beaten, naked, and raped. This was so much easier than earlier.

The still bare foot took a seat next to the bed and gripped Ivy's cold, bony hand. "Hello, love." He said quietly, unshed tears in his dark brown eyes.

"James..." Ivy said brokenly. "I was so scared, thank you so m-much. You saved me."

James kissed Ivy's bruised hand, avoiding the needles, and whispered. "I didn't think you would make it." His throat closed up and he coughed slightly. "The Doctors told me it wasn't that bad, but... you had internal bleeding. You have a concussion, three broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, severe bruising." He let out a sob. "You scared me so fucking bad, Ivy. I can't lose you, I love you too much."

Ivy gripped James' hand weakly and said, "I love you, too, James."

***

Ivy was now surrounded by James, Zayn, Tyler, Billy,  and Tony. James had let go of his hand since the four didn't know. It pained him, but was necessary.

They were all talking peacefully, though earlier it had been a slight mad house. Tyler and Tony going off and asking who had done it while Zayn and Billy had tried to reach Christian, not even suspecting him to be the cause of all Ivy's injuries. Now, though, they were thankfully peaceful. Tyler had just told a joke to lighten the depressing mood when two police officers were lead in by Dr.Erwin. They were both stoic and had grim faces.

The one on the left, who had major puppy eyes, asked everyone to leave. And when they'd complied, the two stood at the end of Ivy's bed. The boy looked up at them through one eye and sighed. He knew what was coming. "Hello Ivy." Said the one with puppy eyes. "I'm Officer Palmer, and this Officer Clifford. Can we ask you some questions?"

Ivy nodded as much as he could with the neck brace on and winced slightly.

"Okay, can you us tell who did this to you?" Officer Clifford asked, notebook in hand and face set.

Ivy hesitated. His mind whirred with different scenarios and out comes. He thought of every time Christian had said 'I love you' and then of all the different times he'd ended up with a bruise on his body. When Christian would force him to do something he didn't want to do. Not letting him eat. Everything.

Finally, Ivy opened his mouth and danced his eye across the room. "It, I don't kno-" He stopped and looked down at his body. His body that was too thin and broken. "It was Christian Alvarez. My fiancé."

A/N

Drama, drama, drama! Sorry for shortness

Don't worry, there are still about ten or more chapters left of this!(:

And since it's summer and I can update so much, do you guys think I should start a new story? It wouldn't affect this one but you guys should give me some input!

Thanks, ily

VCF