My Fighter [0]

This is NOTHING LIKE THE EPILOGUE to My Quarterback. Anything you read in the epilogue can just leave your mind. When I wrote that I wasn't planning on this story. That is why they are different. Please keep that in mind! 

Because My Quarterback reached ONE MILLION READS, I am posting the Prologue!

The chapters of this story will all be unedited, unless said otherwise. I will edit this once it's complete.

Please do not steal any of my characters or ideas, I've worked hard on this story and I love it so much, so please do not steal anything from me.

If you would like to make me a cover, which would be really appreciated, please let me know via private message. PLEASE keep the comments relatively clean, and hate free! I will delete those comments I deem inappropriate or rude.

Always comment and vote, I really appreciate it!

I hope you enjoy the sequel to My Quarterback. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you read My Quarterback first!

My Fighter

Prologue:

"We're gathered here today," I grip my flowers in my hands and smile at the scene in front of me. She looks absolutely beautiful. The last six months of planning has finally paid off. The couple knew that they wanted a summer destination wedding in California. It was the perfect decision. The sky is blue, not a cloud in sight, and it's terribly hard to walk in the sand with these heels on, but it's worth it. The ugly pink bridesmaid's dresses she stuffed us in for a big laugh are skin tight and hard to breathe in. Mar is standing to my left, holding both hers and the bride's flowers. There were no hard feelings when Dakota chose Mara as her maid of honor. I was just lucky enough to be in the wedding.

It's a beautiful ceremony. Rows of white chairs are gathered in the sand and filled with family and friends. There's a white carpet in the aisle that leads to the alter. There's a tent a few feet away where the reception will be held. I can already see the tall cake sitting on one of the tables.

Colton catches my gaze. He smiles that smile that makes my knees weak. He's looking handsome in his black suit. He's standing the closest to Nick where the best man stands. Colton was ecstatic to help Nick plan the proposal and even more so when he asked him to be his best man. I return a smile of my own and return my attention to the couple holding hands. Dakota's already crying and Nick is smiling down at her with nothing but love in his eyes.

It hasn't been long since Colton and I were in their shoes. Right after our wedding and our honey moon, Nick popped the question and they got started right away. They didn't want to wait any longer and I don't blame them.

Our wedding had been a perfect day in a beautiful church and even better honey moon. We had planned a trip to Europe, but due to the sudden passing of my mother, we were not able to do so. We stayed back for her funeral and helped my dad before taking an impromptu trip to New York City, a place I had always wanted to visit, where we spent the next week. It wasn't what we planned but that didn't make it any less wonderful.

Losing my mother was hard for me and losing her two days after my wedding was even harder. I knew she hadn't been feeling good and we have a number of heart problems in our family, but I didn't think she would be gone so soon. All she wanted was to be a part of my wedding and witness it, and she held on for it. She would miss Colton and I's kids, their birth, their first birthdays, their first girlfriends, she would miss so much of their lives. But I also know that she is in a better place now and every so often I can feel her with me. She's with me all the time, maybe not physically but she's always in my heart.