Chapter 7 Wrestling With The Bad Boy (Reese's POV)

Chapter 7 Reese

I try to keep my breathing even as I greet my students with a smile. Thank God I kept my cool in front of Luke, because whatever that was in there now has me trembling.

"Guy problems?" Ally asks, her puppy dog eyes twinkling.

 I place my hands on my hips and nearly whisper, "What makes you say that?"

"I can tell by the look on your face. It's the same look my mom has when she and my dad are arguing."

 "I see." I pat her on the head and say, "Don't tell anyone, okay?"

"No worries. Your secret's safe with me."

"And don't you worry about me either. I'll be just fine." I wink.

She tilts her head, examining my face for deception. "Okay."

I point my finger at her. "I'm serious."

"I said okay." She smiles, and I smile back.

I've never been good at hiding my emotions. It's another trait I inherited from my father. "Today we'll continue to work on the power of the elbow," I say to my students. They all sit and listen contently. "Taylor, Maddy, come here. I want to do a demonstration and use you two as my examples." I look at Ally. "I'm a little terrified to use Ally again; anyway, I'm convinced she already has this down." I roll my eyes, and the girls laugh around me.

 "Taylor, you're going to be the bad guy and grab Maddy from behind." I stand behind Maddy and wrap my arms around her, showing Taylor what she needs to do. "Maddy, I need you to pretend like you have no clue you're about to be attacked. Act oblivious." The girls giggle as they slip on the armor and get into their positions. I look to Taylor and Maddy. "While I am speaking to the class, I want you to demonstrate the moves as I say them. Got it?"

 "Got it," the girls say back.

"Great." I lower my voice as if I'm telling a story. "Imagine you are caught off guard, and someone grabs you from behind. What do you do?"

"You scream 'No!'" Ally answers.

"That's right," I say. "Then what?"

"You use your elbows, knees, and head to hurt the attacker."

"That's good, Rylee. Other than hurting your attacker, what are you trying to accomplish?" I ask.

"To get far away from them!" shouts Ally.

"Good girl. Now let's say your attacker is behind you, and you feel like his or her face is close enough for you to hurt them. Where do you hurt them, and what do you use? Show us Maddy."  

Maddy jabs Taylor right in the nose, and it's a good thing she's wearing a mask. "Good job, Maddy," I say, as the rest of the class claps. Taylor shakes her head as if the blow made her dizzy.

"You okay?"

"I'm good," she says.

"Where's another place you can hit the attacker, using your elbow?" I ask. 

"The neck," Rylee answers. I nod and point to Taylor while she holds her hand up.

"The eyes."

"Uh huh, and what's another place, Ally?" I ask, pointing to her.

"The ears."

"That's right. Good job girls." I clap. "You're all doing great! I'm so proud of you!" I really am. They've come a long way. We play along like this for a while, using several different positions until the class ends, and I head back to the locker room.