Chapter 1 Luke's Last Fight In The Cage (Luke's POV)

Chapter 1 Luke Present Day

The bloodthirsty crowd sparks a familiar rush of adrenaline as Samantha struts back and forth across the octagon, arousing the spectators. My eyes circle the room finding Pam and Jim in their regular spot, and I’m thankful my biggest fans are here to support me. I flash Pam a wink letting her know that I see her. She grins, wiggling her eyebrows, playfully nudging Jim beside her. I rotate my neck from side to side as they announce the other contender, when Samantha pins me with her stare, mouthing the words I love you, before she prances out of the cage.

We stare each other down making our way to the center of the octagon. Standing nose to nose, both of us ready for them to give us the signal. I've held the last six titles in the Light Heavyweight Division. Seven is my lucky number, and I intend on winning another.

The ref spits out the rules, and round one begins. We both dance around the cage, focusing on one another’s weaknesses. He’s good on the ground; he’ll try to take me to the mat. I’m a striker. I plan to stay standing the rest of the fight. We read each other's expressions, holding our fists in front of our faces, wondering what the other's next move will be.

I decide to take a swing, and he shuffles back. I swing again, this time backing him into the net. Both of us are throwing punches, but none are making any contact, at least not enough to count. I can tell he's getting tired, so I back off, letting him rest. If I take him down right now, the fans won’t be happy. They came to see a fight, and I plan to give them one.   

We breeze our way through the first round, and he starts getting cocky, doing this winking shit. It irritates the hell out of me, so I step up my game, charging after him. He positions himself in a crouch, telling me he's ready to grapple and reaches out his arms to wrap them around my waist. He's using everything to get me on the ground. I'm not going to let that happen, because he's leaving himself open, and my fist is going to connect with his jaw … right about now.

There's a loud cracking sound before he goes down fast and hard. In fact, I'm pretty sure the guy saw stars. It takes a little over a minute before he blinks his way into consciousness, and it surprises me when he greets me with a smile. 

"Congratulations bro," he says, stretching out his arm. "You're a legend."

 I like this guy, so I give him a pat on the back, shaking his hand. "Thanks bud. Good job tonight.”  

"It's an honor.”  

"You're killing me." I grin. "Hey, take care of yourself out there.”  

"Yeah, you too.” We give our attention to the fans before I make my way over to Pam and Jim. I want to thank them for coming.

 "Good job buddy!” a familiar voice shouts from nearby. I turn at the waist, spotting my friend, Logan, who’s dressed like he's ready to party.

"Hey, I wasn't sure you were coming.”